Sign in to follow this  
VanAukenFudge

Night surveillance pickup bed build

Alright, I have now settled myself on the blackview 900X dual camera, 256GB. I want to buy it. I have cash, but do not wish to have it show up in any database, so it needs to be in person, cash transaction. Any ideas out there? Prepaid visa at Wally World then buy it online. I can't find d any physical brick store retailers.

I am having second thoughts though. Not about Blackvue though, nor about the two channel. It will be a blackvue-2ch. But why the 900? I ask myself. Because it is the newest blackvue cam? Because it makes the old models obsolete ? If that's true then we're the old cameras no good?

i have found out that the old goods are the best and longest lasting across a wide range of everything in life. 

14 minutes ago, VanAukenFudge said:

Alright, I have now settled myself on the blackview 900X dual camera, 256GB. I want to buy it. I have cash, but do not wish to have it show up in any database, so it needs to be in person, cash transaction

Mmmmmmm ok ... you don’t like to do things simple 

I did say in last post look at the 900s instead 

the 900x uses SIM card .... so that alone puts you on database

the 900s does not. 

if you want to spend that sort of money but be invisible.... what about warranty and updates

go buy the one in link $19 Walmart it will do the job

if you want to be invisible...... what is going to happen if your camera catches something 

Wow ...you have no clue 

what good is a back camera ........ it MUST BE OPERATED FROM THE CONTROL CAMERA ...... the front is needed 

you can’t operate that without it. 

You now need this for rear camera to operate

it did state this in your link ONLY WORKS WITH 700s and 900s

Also does not come with leads that’s another $50 also needs SD card another $30 then power cable another $50

also it’s all refurbished 

buying the way you have ......$90 more for refurbished than what it costs new

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BlackVue-DR900S-1CH-4K-Ultra-HD-Dash-Cam-32GB-SD-Refurbished-1-Year-Warranty-/163595361451?hash=item26170b1cab

It might be much better for you and will save you money to

leave your pickup at home 

buy a bike and take it into work

second thoughts don’t it will take 3 pages of posts to explain you need two wheels on a bike

Found out that I just happen to volunteer aside a former FBI agent. I informed he of my plans. He confirmed that it is absolutely legal to place a camera so as to protect my truck bed just as one would mount one on their house to watch the yard. He also suggested mounting the camera inside a handheld toolbox with dirty rags hanging out the top to complete the camouflage. But looking in my cab's rear I found a better solution. My truck has two bench seats in her. Driver and shotgun have headrests, no other seat does. Guess I need to make myself two headrests. One for the camera to reside in. The other one because, really?, have you ever seen a vehicle where only one side has headrests?

4 hours ago, VanAukenFudge said:

a former FBI agent. I informed he of my plans. He confirmed that it is absolutely legal to place a camera so as to protect my truck bed

That’s why he is a former FBI ..... wonder how long it took for him to figure out it’s a dashcam.... millions use everyday

5 hours ago, VanAukenFudge said:

He also suggested mounting the camera inside a handheld toolbox with dirty rags hanging out the top to complete the camouflage.

This FBI agent is not very bright

so camouflage camera inside hand held tool box placed in truck bed ...... most stolen item from truck bed IS tools and toolbox’s 

so someone steels your toolbox wire snaps connecting camera shorts out your system ... no recording tool box and camera gone

give FBI agent a gold star

5 hours ago, VanAukenFudge said:

Guess I need to make myself two headrests

Did you go to school alongside the FBI agent ?

dash cams run hot ..... insert it into headrest will only make it shut down

mount it like it should be. Camera on front screen to monitor 180 at front .... see people passing place other camera cab back window again 180 to see people ...... that’s all you need to do

but I guess keeping things simple is hard for you to take