eddieblade21

Analog CCTV Cameras to IP Network Security Cameras

HI All, 

Hope everyone is safe, 

Great Forum, a lot of knowledgably people

I currently have the following which was installed about 5 years ago 

8-Eyemax XIB-1022 12V HD-SDI Eyeball 3.6mm Lens Dome Camera

UVST Magic-QL08 with a 2TB HDD

The Software I use on my iPhone is Mr. Patrol which is not the best, everyone has their opinion I just don't like it 

I like to keep the cameras and all the coaxial cable as it is hidden perfectly around the home 

I like to upgrade my DVR to a NVR which in turn I can access remotely from another PC or iPhone (As Mentioned the Mr. Patrol is always down, more than it works)

Can you please help me on what I may need 

Feel free to ask any questions if I left anything out 

Thank you so much Eddie 

41 minutes ago, eddieblade21 said:

I like to keep the cameras and all the coaxial cable as it is hidden perfectly around the home 

I like to upgrade my DVR to a NVR which in turn I can access remotely from another PC or iPhone

hi. Keeping original camera’s prevents you from going nvr ..... nvr is only used with IP cameras

you can stay with a dvr as a new option but your problem with doing that is your SDI cameras are not compatible unless you buy a sdi dvr which is a waste of money

new DVRs run tvi cvi ahd and standard analog 

so you can keep cables but both recorder and cameras need changing

Thank you so much for the quick reply 

I was under the impression you can convert to NVR with the proper equipment

Analog CCTV Camera to IP Camera

as you can see from the pic I was hoping instead of the computer I can run a NVR there instead again i am know expert that why I am here asking you and the experts 

Here is another pic for your  just want to make sure it is possible 

download.jpg.513e00cba2e57153d0884e725fd3a345.jpg

Hi ... yes your right ..... but two reasons why I did not mention it .... first cost .... converting analog to ip is very expensive and limits you 

second is you have sdi cameras not standard analog cameras which your first picture shows analog which you don’t have ....sdi are hardly used anymore 

your second picture 

has not turned anything into a nvr ... in fact it’s a pointless setup ..... cameras out to recorder network connection to router out to nvr ..... only a few recorders would give you this option.... has to be same manufacture

but nvr is not needed as the analog will have cms for viewing on pc 

but again your problem is SDI system 

Make total sense that is why your the expert and I am not 

So can you be so kind and help me with what I would need and maybe some recommendation

The style camera I like to stay with are Dome Style.

I like to keep the cabling in place reason being the runs I will not be able to access them. I do not mind changing the cameras or anything else so I can get off this un-reliable system and Mr. Patrol App.

and honestly if you say the best thing is to get rid of the cabling then I would need to figure something out, prefer not to but your the SME.

I truly hope you can help you've been great so far 

9 minutes ago, eddieblade21 said:

and honestly if you say the best thing is to get rid of the cabling then I would need to figure something out, prefer not to but your the SME.

Hi. A few years ago ip HD network cameras on cat5 were the best for high resolution cameras

now HD analog has caught up and runs on coax 2mp upto 8mp (4K) and with sticking with coax you will benefit from hd analog being cheaper

14 minutes ago, eddieblade21 said:

The style camera I like to stay with are Dome Style.

Yes you can still buy dome cameras but turret cameras are much better .... smaller and look better ..... domes don’t handle IR very well at night turret cameras remove all problems of dome

what part of the world are you in