akehn

GeoVision Viewlog Service

Hello,

I have a new fresh windows 10 setup (No upgrade), a fresh install of GV-VMS 17.4.1 with no previous settings imported, and I have an issue every morning I have to restart the ViewLog Service. I get a phone call that the users are getting an error message when going into the GV-Remote ViewLog (Version 16.20) because they don't like the newer one. The error says "Unable to locate database. Please verify and try again". So I restart the service I mentioned and it works again. I will attach the picture of the error. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ViewLog-Error.png

I reinstalled the GV-VMS software this weekend and had the same issue happen again this morning. I noticed when I logged into the camera system to restart the ViewLog service that the computer was very slow in the software. Then after I reset that ViewLog service it went back to a normal speed. 

I did not try the GV-Edge Recording Manager as they needed it up right away and I was not familiar with how to view it from there. I. will do some testing on that and get more familiar with that program. Also, I am not familiar with viewing logs from the GV-Eye application either. I will need to mess with that as well.

Thanks

On 2/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, jeromephone said:

Does it work with the edge application  and the gveye app?

Happened again and didn't work in either app. I then reset the ViewLog service and started working on both those apps.