Sign in to follow this  
Toople

Xmeye probing DNS?

I have a generic DVR/NVR, for analogue and digital cameras that is with several analogue cameras.  I have consistent over number years had problems with either non functional SMPT, and Xmeye, stop working. I try again and reason I’m here. 

I have a static IP, this IP, doesn’t display when I access “RUN” “CMD” “config” via a Laptop I view another IP address. My DNS is shown same IP, as the router. 

The router is a TP Link MR3420 v2 set to WAN only. Connection to the router is via cable.  Further I’ve attempted port forwarding and question if the problem is here? 

Now to the DVR/NVR

Xmeye typical works only when within “Network” the DNS is filled out. I’ve tried a number of IP addresses, from the router to one found on the web that advised DNS address Xmeye. 

Typical Xmeye functions via the App for a few hour. 

Any assistance is most wanted. Thanks. 

AC83658B-8341-49CD-8B27-542C89462250 2.jpg

Hi. Your first thing to do is reset everything back to factory ( your router)

Factory reset your recorder but don’t connect it to your network till you have your network sorted

you don’t need a DNS service if you have a static ip BUT you will also need to get intouch with your internet provider and ask them for a new IP address ..... you need this done before you reconnect your DVR

2 hours ago, Toople said:

I’ve tried a number of IP addresses, from the router to one found on the web that advised DNS address Xmeye. 

This is what has put your network at risk .... you should never add external IP address to your own network except what your isp provided 

Using a DNS address found on the internet has and will make your network unsecured 

DNS xmeye .... is only allowing your network a connection to China server....... people think remote view is connection from smart device too DVR ...... in fact it’s .... smart device —— China server ——DVR