taylor99

CCTV WIFI Range solution?

I have a basic Link2home Smart Pan and Tilt camera to watch over my workshop at end of garden. 

The garden is very long & my router is at the front of the house. (About 200ft away from camera)

My Wifi signal doesn't even reach half way, so a WIFI extender probably wouldn't work.

I heard about these mains devices that allow the internet signal to run via the mains system (which is connected to the workshop).

This sounds ideal, but how would I link the camera? It appears that they only offer ethernet connection (which this camera does not have)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

26 minutes ago, taylor99 said:

This sounds ideal, but how would I link the camera? It appears that they only offer ethernet connection (which this camera does not have)

Hi. You are on the right path with power line plugs but you need to buy power line that also has wi-fi .... but I would highly recommend you use a good name brand and not the Johnny washable off eBay 

I used to use netgear a lot but have moved over to TP link ..... more reliable and I would say best on the market to buy

type to buy ... depends on your budget just look for T-P link with the part number starting with WPA as this means it also has Wi-Fi 

this one will give you full Wi-Fi in your 200ft garden 

WPA8630 KIT

but you can buy TP link cheaper models 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. You are on the right path with power line plugs but you need to buy power line that also has wi-fi .... but I would highly recommend you use a good name brand and not the Johnny washable off eBay 

I used to use netgear a lot but have moved over to TP link ..... more reliable and I would say best on the market to buy

type to buy ... depends on your budget just look for T-P link with the part number starting with WPA as this means it also has Wi-Fi 

this one will give you full Wi-Fi in your 200ft garden 

WPA8630 KIT

but you can buy TP link cheaper models 

Thank you very much for the info.

Much appreciated :)