Sign in to follow this  
D.B.Smith

looking for a wifi cctv camera

Hi all, 

looking for a wide angle outdoor IP CCTV camera that supports a browser to view it. I just want to ping it with its IP address and get the video in chrome or internet explorer. Power is not an issue, just ant 120° or more, outdoor, -20°C, WiFi 2.4G or 5G.

I want to watch the dog on the back deck, blink, little elf and others all want their own app on a smart phone and have a 5-10 minute time out. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Since you don't need to install the whole security system and you need a camera to watch for your dog then you can look up on eBay for some cheap options.

Hiya, I have recently purchased a camera that sounds like it would fit the bill for your requirements.

The Amcrest Security Camera is a brilliant little camera that performs highly. The arrival packaging is simpler than other products (normally within a blue branded box) however box it arrives in is branded and holds it’s contents well and snugly by using  shock absorbent material which prevents any damage in transit and means there’s no excess packaging.

The box contains a template for ease when mounting the camera onto a wall which prevents any misalignment when mounting and comes with the screws required to securely fix the camera in place, the mounting disk itself is sturdy.  There are further waterproofing caps to ensure that cables are safe from the everchanging weather and a clear usual manual that takes you through the set-up process.  It is a well nicely designed camera with its petite form nestling nicely into the corner of a window, making it blend into the wall. The camera has brilliant rotation, it can turn 360 degrees when on the mounting plate and this allows perfect positioning.

When using the camera over the last month I have been vastly impressed by the image quality and it’s performance overnight in a low light area has been impressive. The images are clear and precise for such a small camera. Further to this the audio is clear, it picks up on voices well.

The camera has a Micro SD card slot allowing use of the camera without an NVR which makes it accessible for those alike myself who have a minimal security set up.

Overall, I am very impressed with the quality of this camera, it’s provided consistent clear high-quality images over the last month and I am eager to continue with this camera as my primary security.

Please find the link below 

Amazon.com : Amcrest 5MP UltraHD Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera with Mic/Audio, 5-Megapixel, 98ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (256GB), White (IP5M-T1179EW-28MM) : Electronics

196291313_532248238011865_1234189066054128851_n.jpg

197402295_478726030098973_2915909953633869106_n.jpg

On 3/16/2021 at 7:36 AM, D.B.Smith said:

Hi all, 

looking for a wide angle outdoor IP CCTV camera that supports a browser to view it. I just want to ping it with its IP address and get the video in chrome or internet explorer. Power is not an issue, just ant 120° or more, outdoor, -20°C, WiFi 2.4G or 5G.

I want to watch the dog on the back deck, blink, little elf and others all want their own app on a smart phone and have a 5-10 minute time out. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi there,
Get yourself an AXIS P1448-LE Network Camera which will solve your purpose. Invest in a good, reliable and long lasting brand with great customer service. You can also compare various AXIS CCTVs to match your precise need. They make one of the finest CCTVs in the world. Operating temperature range is -40 to 60 degree Celsius. As far as your concern about browser compatibility nowadays most of the CCTVs are compatible, you can easily set this by simple few steps. Also check  Conico Solar Powered Security Camera with 360° View 1080P Pan/Tilt Solar Panel, CCTV Home Surveillance Wireless Outdoor Camera with 15000mAh Rechargeable Battery, PIR Motion Detection,IP65 Waterproof

1 hour ago, Vulink said:

Hi there,
Get yourself an AXIS P1448-LE Network Camera which will solve your purpose.

$1000 for 1 camera  …… wrong camera for the purpose