SB_Jim

Curtain PIR Recommendation Please

Hello,

I believe that my PIR is failing, and I'd like to replace it with an equivalent PIR.  Specifically looking for curtain PIR, small form / factor, operates on approx. 9-16 VDC (I have an existing 12V power supply.  Will be mounted outdoors under eaves and well protected from weather.  Need approx. 40" "look-out" range as vertical curtain.  The item being replaced is a Visonic CH-1000.

Thx,

Jim

Thank you, TomCCTV.  Is this available in the U.S. fairly readily to a retail client (me)?

Jim

Hi. It depends on the application 

Pearl has a more directional beam but you can also alter the sensor cover on the Opal to do the same thing 

how are you using the sensor 

I'm using purely as a curtain - mounted about 8' high under the eaves and looking "down & across" as a curtain to cover two doors and one window in-between - parallel to the house.

Okay - thank you tomcctv.  I'll have to check out the prices of these two - because if the pure curtain is less - then it will still accomplish my goals.  I actually  want to capture small animals - racoons / possums / skunks so that I know what climbing into my yard (or messing up my lawn).