amrogers3

Help with a system

Had some delinquents break into our car. Sucks but not a big deal. More importantly, my wife usually leaves around 4-5 in the morning which is when this happened. She could have encountered these guys and who knows what would have happened. 

I would like to put in a wired camera system that has 360 coverage that we can put on a dedicated TV screen which runs 24/7 that my wife can check before she leaves in the morning to make sure it is safe. 

Needs to have lowlight/night coverage.

I called a shop near our home and he carries MOBOTIX and IDIS. I see MOBOTIX is one of the brands listed on your Ultimate IP Camera Guide. 

Not sure what questions I need to ask or what I should research. 

This is a diagram of our house if that matters. Would like to get coverage of all 4 zones but 1 and 2 are most important.

Untitled-2.png

Hi.  Mobotix is a big cost with no extra benefits 

for home use a nvr with ip cameras is the best option .... no point running a dedicated pc 24/7

what is your budget also how is the lighting around your property 

Thanks Tom!

I thought Mobotix had a NVR system? There are so many vendors and options, it is a very confusing space.

I may have not explained very well, my apologies. By 24/7, I mean I would like the video feeding to a TV that can be viewed all the time. 

1. we don't have great lighting. Two regular decorative lights on each side of garage. Maybe 13w bulbs? It is not very bright. At night, both the left and right side of the house is very dark, there is no lighting. 
  2. cameras have to withstand significant amount of direct sunlight and humidity. I am in Houston.
  3. I would prefer to go step above cameras you can buy in the general retail outlets like Costco

Untitled-2.png.f7f10c623e8632ce9b2df5f8eb2e3228.png

Hi the ideal system for you because of your no light situation and your reason for your install would be a TIOC system 

It will alert you on a screen or cellphone of any intruder around your home 

TIOC (3 in 1 camera) has audio both ways .... it’s own floodlight built in and switches on with movement all of which can be controlled by your cell

dahua or lorex usa make this system 

call lorex for a price 

https://www.lorextechnology.com/

Hi Tom and thanks again for the reply. 

I would like to avoid Chinese cameras. Is there any other U.S. or European cameras you could recommend? 

I would prefer to get professional installation on these. 

5 hours ago, amrogers3 said:

I would like to avoid Chinese cameras.

Hi. Unfortunately everything is from China or Taiwan even your first mobotix choice is China owned company (was Germany)

4 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Unfortunately everything is from China or Taiwan even your first mobotix choice is China owned company (was Germany)

That is crazy. I thought MOBOTIX was 100% German and IDIS was South Korean. Are you sure about Mobotix? It says they are manufactured in Germany.

What's the best way to find a professional installer?

Hi mobotix is now known as Konica Minolta mobotix of Japan 

3 hours ago, amrogers3 said:

What's the best way to find a professional installer?

I have just looked at installers in your area

no one wants to tell you what equipment they use and some sites the price to buy only is stupid money. 

but most look like hikvision or dahua 

dahua by the way is lorex (Canada) and I would choose dahua over old hikvision

i would look at using a local electrician and buying the equipment yourself 

lol, that was my exact thought as well. It all just seems like they are wanting you to sign up for a subscription service and it looks like rebranded equipment with their name on it. No one really lists what they use and a lot of the websites I found for area seemed a little sketchy with minimal info and details. 

I would def trust Japanese equipment much more than anything manufactured in China. 

2 hours ago, amrogers3 said:

I would def trust Japanese equipment

Hi. Mobotix is good equipment do a search on the forum and you will see many discussions... I listed equipment I install for an American hotel chain.  Problem is it has premium price which in reality cant be justified ..... even there own cameras a few years old can’t be connected to mobotix move nvr .... last few months they have discontinued 70% of there cameras. 

just logged into mobotix for a quick price. 

move nvr .......... $600

Mobotix m73.......$780 each

mobotix m16 ......$700 each

so for around $3.720 plus cable plus fitting is high for a 4 camera system 

a brand that has also been around a long time is TVT. It is China made and one of the best viewing apps on the market. It outdoes hikvision and dahua 

good to see your doing your homework before you buy

I haven't heard of TVT. Any recommendations for a high quality system? Is Bosch good? I've heard of AXIS also. Anything but Chinese. 

1 hour ago, bernardand said:

I would like to avoid Chinese cameras. Is there any other U.S. or European cameras you could recommend? 

Yes I could but the problem is there cameras are made in China 

you are looking in the wrong direction..... it does not matter we’re the equipment is made it is which company is honest on data collection 

some systems like cheap smart systems from eBay or amazon  are cheap in purchase like this example 

ptz camera from amazon ..... to your door $30

it can’t be made for $30 but it is and it’s shipped from China to US  then out from distributors to customers

do the math ....ptz camera. shipping costs. distribution cost and mail cost to customer all for $30

how do they make up there money,

data collection....... first the camera auto sets up .... makes its own path in your router and connects to a China server (camera will not work without this) also known as P2P 

they collect emails .. contact details cookies ....most personal data on your home devices

then the camera is collecting face snap shots of everyone and collecting that data known as association data..

if you haven’t been in the industry or bought cctv before ... recommended systems is the best way to go 

buy a system you have control over and it’s yours 

or a system that’s an information collection that you have paid for but has no control 

but if you are stuck on system names then the best in the industry is Avigilon .. Canada based 

It seems to me that this is not the most reasonable solution if we take into account the price and quality. The quality of the system is certainly good, but the functionality is extremely reduced. You can take a look at a similar ajax, which has more functionality at a lower cost for a kit with smoke detectors, motion sensors and cameras. At the same time, you also get an application with which you can get all the information from the cameras in the house and can receive push notifications when sensors and alarms are triggered. I mean, you should think about other options.

1 hour ago, bernardand said:

It seems to me that this is not the most reasonable solution if we take into account the price and quality. The quality of the system is certainly good, but the functionality is extremely reduced.

Sorry you can’t compare Ajax to avigilon 

infact Ajax is limited ...... stream of snap shots and not video

cant playback something you want to see .... only alerts are playback

the adverts are good but don’t tell you everything 

quote from advert ...... can detect water leak and switch your water off ....... add does not say about extra costs for Wi-Fi enabled water valve which are not cheap ...... I haven’t had a leak in 20 years

also DVRs nvrs with alarm inputs can also do the same and have done for years