Maisy

HikVision customer support or lack there of

Hey Guys, 

I've recently had an issue where my DVR suddenly stopped accepting my password. It's never been reset or anything. 

I looked around online and the only thing I could find in terms of resetting the password was the SADP tool. 

I tried using it got to the point where I needed to get a security key/ token from HikVision support. I emailed them my .csv file a little while later got the following email:

Thank you for your email to Hikvision UK & Ireland. As an End User of Hikvision products we would recommend you contact you point of purchase/installer for all technical support. If you do not have an installer we would recommend you to contact one in your local area.

Hikvision CCTV equipment is commercial graded product and should be installed and maintained by a Hikvision recognised partner.

We do not directly support End Users with Technical issues, we support Professional Installation Companies and Distributors only, who then in turn will support their Clients.

I don't know who installed the CCTV for me it was last year I got some random guy from GumTree to install the cameras and supply the DVR. Anyone got a suggestion for what I can try next (anything I can personally without contacting some third party). 

Thanks, 

Maisy

8 hours ago, Maisy said:

Hikvision CCTV equipment is commercial graded product and should be installed and maintained by a Hikvision recognised partner.

Far from being commercial grade...... it’s the diy market hik targeted 

hikvision uk are useless 

Temp code for today Saturday the 10th

qQ99Ry9dz

DVRs are cheap ..... still use your existing cameras and buy something better than hikvision recorder DONY buy from gumtree 

On 4/10/2021 at 12:15 AM, tomcctv said:

Far from being commercial grade...... it’s the diy market hik targeted 

hikvision uk are useless 

Temp code for today Saturday the 10th

qQ99Ry9dz

DVRs are cheap ..... still use your existing cameras and buy something better than hikvision recorder DONY buy from gumtree 

Hey Tom, 

Sorry I only just seen your message now. What's the temp code for sorry and I'm presuming it's expired by now. I'll keep this forum page open today so I don't miss any responses. (Am guessing that was the security code?)

And I totally agree, I don't see what's so professional about it that any average end user with a bit of know how can't manage. I mean I'm more than qualified to make any changes to the system on my own without going to some HikVision certified engineer who will charge me an arm and a leg. 

Thanks, 

Maisy

7 minutes ago, Maisy said:

HikVision certified engineer who will charge me an arm and a leg.

Hi. You can become certified by just buying a pen with hikvision on it ...... no such thing as hik certified even there tech support know nothing 

rSQQrqQRrq

case sensitive.... are you in the uk

33 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. You can become certified by just buying a pen with hikvision on it ...... no such thing as hik certified even there tech support know nothing 

rSQQrqQRrq

case sensitive.... are you in the uk

Hey Tom, 

Lmao I wouldn't put it past them. They're pretty unprofessional based off my experience with the buggers. And yeah I am based in the UK.

Sorry but what exactly do I do with the key you provided? I selected my device via the SADP tool -> Clicked forgot password -> Selected Input Key -> Typed your key in and tried setting a new password 

But I get the following error:

Failed to reset password. Device denied. 

I'm presuming I am typing it in the wrong location? Or doing something wrong, can you correct me if I am. 

Not sure if this helps but it is a DS-7216HQHI-K1 I can provide more details if needs be. 

Cheers,

Maisy

Hi so long as your date is right on recorder that is the password. 

hik units can also be hacked and password changed ..... also sounds like your on the cloud connection 

can you let me know if the date is correct on recorder

what part of uk

Hey Tom, 

Hmm, I've just noticed that the DVR is showing 02 Feb 1970. And the time is off by 1hr 5min.

This was all fine up until two weeks ago where the DVR stopped recording footage and I lost access to it. So am not sure what happened. 

I don't think I can actually change the date/ time either since I need the admin password to access the menu. 

And I'm from the Leeds region of England. 

Regards,

Maisy

A slight update on the situation. Seems the DVR's draw pattern has been reverted back to the default one on but seems the admin character-based password has deffo been changed I'm presuming it has been hacked after all. 

Using the default draw pattern I managed to set the Timezone along with the DT so that it is accurate. But it seems that the rSQQrqQRrq (Which is the one for todays DT) password is still being denied. 

Note: I can't get it to sync the time to be spot on as the user interface on the DVR doesn't have an option to sync the time with the internet. So it's a few seconds out not sure if that makes a difference. 

image.png.7578c2eba29e10c61732356d52044fcc.png

image.png.67ff90a4a6af88ac5580fda49e652a6d.png

Regards, 

Maisy