Sign in to follow this  
prop

how to add a remote camera to my optiview dvr

i just got an optiview dvr and want to add my remote ptz camera to it. it is only connected to my remote router and  not to a dvr.is it possible?

There are three models in ANNKE DVR for connecting, they are analog mode, network mode and mix mode. And a wireless camera can be connected to the DVR via the network or mix mode.

However, it’s not recommended to install one wireless camera only, especially in outdoor circumstances. Because the signal outdoor might be unstable, thereby terribly influencing the video transmission.

Besides, if you want to connect the DVR with IP cameras, you need to select network mode or mix mode. But in these modes, the system is not able to connect other analog cameras.

the camera is not wireless , it is  connected to my remote router via ethernet. i am able to view on hilook vision app on my tablet but can`t view it on my laptop or phone.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:20 PM, BOYZZ123 said:

There are three models in ANNKE DVR for connecting, they are analog mode, network mode and mix mode. And a wireless camera can be connected to the DVR via the network or mix mode.

However, it’s not recommended to install one wireless camera only, especially in outdoor circumstances. Because the signal outdoor might be unstable, thereby terribly influencing the video transmission.

Besides, if you want to connect the DVR with IP cameras, you need to select network mode or mix mode. But in these modes, the system is not able to connect other analog cameras.

s not