Electromatic

Looking for the software "SpecoPlayer" version 1.0.0.48

I have a hard drive out of a Speco DVD 4TN DVD/300. I'd like to play it on a personal computer, but I need a very early version of SpecoPlayer. I don't have the original CD. The 4TN manual shows them using SpecoPlayer v1.0.0.48

I have a request into Speco, but they can't find that old a copy.

I'd be willing to buy a CD copy of SpecoPlayer v1.0.0.48

Hi. Do you still have the dvr ?

the pelco has remote monitoring and player built into the unit and can be extracted by connecting to the unit via LAN which then can be loaded onto a pc same sort of setup like the avermedia DVRs 

I have a DVR; however, not the one that the hard drive came out of.   The DVRs and hard drives are encrypted; so one hard drive won't play in another DVR.   I think the only way I can bypass the encryption is using Speco Player.

The DVR and the software version are so old that Speco's not sure they kept a copy.  I think they were made around 2003.  The only chance I have is if someone kept the CD from their old Speco.

Hi. Yes 2001 to 2010 

1 hour ago, Electromatic said:

The DVRs and hard drives are encrypted; so one hard drive won't play in another DVR  I think the only way I can bypass the encryption is using Speco Player.

Yes that is the same as any dvr once removed 

but in your case you still have a good chance of getting the player off the dvr you have. 

connect the dvr you have and install another hard drive (no need for cameras) .... go into settings on dvr and setup a local ip and port so as it’s on your network. 

go to pc also on the same network and type the dvr ip into browser with port number

some thing like this http//192.168.xx.xx/5000

remember allow admin mode

it will then give you options on download remote player. Load it onto your pc .... once loaded you no longer need the dvr

next you will need to connect the hard drive you want to extract the footage from to your pc .... hard drive reader or something along those lines 

min settings on the loaded remote software you will see source..... pick your drive

i can’t remember how files are listed 

there is one place you might find the disks but we’re are you located

11 hours ago, tomcctv said:

there is one place you might find the disks but we’re are you located 

I'm near Salida, Colorado. 

I'm going to try your suggestion.  It's going to take a little time...

Edited by Electromatic

I put the DVR on the network.  I can ping the DVR, but I can't view it in a browser.  It might be because the DVR is running Linux and I'm on a Windows machine.

Maybe would be better try to make custom software like https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-developmentAnother popular mobile app among mobile app lovers is the calculator. It has become widely used in most apps since it can offer advanced monetary functions like conversion and subtraction. Some common apps that are made with this app development tool include currency converters, weather-based calculations, and international currency converters. 

1 hour ago, JohnBrown said:

Maybe would be better try to make custom software? Another popular mobile app among mobile app lovers is the calculator. It has become widely used in most apps since it can offer advanced monetary functions like conversion and subtraction. Some common apps that are made with this app development tool include currency converters, weather-based calculations, and international currency converters. 

Yes that could be another option ...... take ops mind off his problem but at least he would have a calculator 

On 4/12/2021 at 8:56 PM, Electromatic said:

I put the DVR on the network.  I can ping the DVR, but I can't view it in a browser.  It might be because the DVR is running Linux and I'm on a Windows machine.

Hi. Windows can work with Linux 

now that you can ping the dvr you will hit another problem .... all licences will have run out on dvr ...... so to get around this you would set your PC time and date to something like March 2003 then try again 

I finally got the web browser to see the DVR.  Had to tell Firefox that port 135 was okay, see How to allow a restricted port.  Used address http://192.168.88.150:135  {not https!} and got a black screen. That was progress!

I set the clock back and turned off all the anti-virus programs, still nothing there.

I pulled the hard drive from DVR and plugged it into a SATA to USB converter.  I installed the EXTtoIFS program on my computer.

Now I can see the files on the DVR hard drive on my Windows computer.  No SpecoPlayer.  Nuts.

The DVR drive has an Image folder and an Index folder.  The Image folder has *.dvr files and the Index folder has *.idx files.

That's my progress to date.

I finally got the Speco Player software v 1.0.0.95 by buying a NOS (new old stock) machine with the disk.  When I try to run the player I get an error that says "Remote200.ocx not installed or it could not be installed.  Please check user privilege"

I believe Remote200.ocx is an ActiveX control.  Anyone have an idea on how to find it?

Changed the date and it had no effect.

I'm not using Firefox,  I'm using DVR_Player (SpecoPlayer) v1.0.0.95 created 9/2006. 

I'm following the instructions in the Speco manual (see attached).    HDD_PC_PLAYER_TOOL.pdf

Thanks for your continued support.