Sign in to follow this  
fred2021

Help with password on a QVIS (OYN-X IAP-2AHD)

Have been asked to get a CCTV system working again where I have moved to. It was installed about 6 years ago and I replaced the PSU and it's now OK. I thought I should update the password but now can't log in. The system is mounted on a high shelf (very clumsy) and only has mouse input - should have written the password down before inputting it... No amount of trying variations has succeeded.

Anyway, can someone kindly supply what I understand is called a "password of the day". The date/time shown on the recorder is GMT + 1 and is current - i.e. this was posted at 19h00 on 16 April 2021 (not sure which time zone members are in).

Thanks very much for the reply. I think that you were "too quick" for me as I checked before going to bed but no reply.

Logged in this morning but the password you supplied was invalid. Might I ask for you to do it again for Saturday? I'll be logged in for the next 12 hours.

tomcctv - thanks for providing today's code.

Sadly, the box says "invalid password". Yes I did have the box turned off for 30 mins before starting it up.

So not sure what to do next - apart from buying another box...

The distributor will only issue a password to those with a trade account. Telephoning several installers say the same thing - you don't have an account with us so we won't help. One installer was quite helpful though in that he said we don't have an office but we send people on-site. However, the "manufacturers" don't respond straight away - we often have to wait a couple of hours. Paying for a service like this is getting close to the cost of a replacement box.

Once again, thanks for the time and effort you have put in.

Thanks for the swift reply. The box says "no" to this one.

Have attached three photos - box 1 is from when I could get in (I was extracting vids of unwanted visitors) and box 2 is from just now.

Box 3 is the back of the unit. Might this help in working out a password?

Otherwise, thanks again for being so helpful.

box 1.jpg

Box 2.jpg

box 3.JPG

1 minute ago, fred2021 said:

Thanks for the 692064  - invalid password.

Any other codes up your sleeve?

Yes a few more just logged into dahua ftp

YMR9OM1201

case sensitive ... O is letter 0 is number

That caused the box to reboot - well done. No password needed to get in and I can see the last set of recordings. Phew...

So, thanks once again and appreciate you have been "working" on a Saturday. My wife has said "dinner ready" so need to go.

Hi. Just remember to create a new password before midnight or you will have to start again

your system is called pioneer (dahua lite)

Timely advice. Over dinner, it struck me that the carriage could turn back into a pumpkin if I didn't put in a password tonight. So thanks for the reminder. All done and checked three times plus a note made of the password.

I've also made a note of the correct box name (it appears to be rebadged) so were something ever to occur again, then no time would be wasted.

To summarise, all is well and thanks to both you and the cctvforum for sorting it out so succesfully and without any drama (though my heart did leap when the box rebooted...).

Lastly, the joint owners of the building are thinking about upgrading the cameras and box (not this year though) so as to have higher definition. Having been able to get the box going again after fitting a new PSU meant we could identify how the low life was getting into the building and hence what was needed to make the building more secure. The definition is a bit low for mug shots but we had a stroke of luck. One owner and his buddy were coming back into the building after walking their big dog around midnight. Seems they surprised themselves and the low life who were smoking exotic cheroots in the lower lobby. The video showed the uninivited guests running out never to come back...

Hi the updated version of that system is one of the best out there at the moment and not expensive and you can still use your existing cameras and add upto 8mp

you might find the images will be better once you have burned them off or view them on the app (explorer)

1 hour ago, bernardand said:

Sadly, the box says "invalid password". Yes I did have the box turned off for 30 mins before starting it up.

No point jumping into posts 

which system do you have