protecvideo

Mulitple cameras over fiber

Does anyone know what kind of device I can use to run 13 cameras over fiber? I have never used fiber but on this one bid the building i am quoting is approx. 500ft accross the street from the main building where the DVR's are located at. He has 2 fiber lines from one building to the next. I am pretty sure I can only use one fiber line per camera or can I use more than one. He want coax out of the 13 cameras to the fiber connection and then out the other end of the fiber connection into the DVR.

Any product numbers, links, or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

is the fiber inplace just for videoor is it going to be used for multiple devices?

basically if you have the whole fiber link you'll need to terminate the fiber on both ends............

http://www.versitron.com/16chan_fiber_video_muxdata.html

going to be pricey so prepare the fiber owner.

also, you can do this with CAT5 if the fiber path can hold more cable?

It looks like the fiber is being used for other devices as it is going into some kind of box. I can get that info tomorrow.

It will probably be as expensive for this unit as me buying CATV, baluns, and labor. The positive side to that i can trouble shoot it easier. That is a good idea. I hope its not run with high voltage.

If this fiber is used with other devices can i still use it?

Thanks for your help.

are you sure all the fiber lines are being used for the network? if you have one spare one you can run all cameras on it

goes something like this;

camera ->coax -> fiber transmitter ->fiber optic cable ->fiber receiver->coax->dvr/monitor/mux or whatever

they make multi channel transmitters and receivers so u can run all cams to a central location then send it all over fiber then it splits it back out on the other end.

ive used american fibertek's products on past jobs and havent been let down - http://www.americanfibertek.com/index.html

if you got the fibers free our solution is simple:

Fiber Options type - gesecurity.com:

S700VT-EST1 transmitter in MM

S700VR-EST1 receiver in MM

+PSUs that go with it

I suppose they've got alternative solutions for multiplexing all 13 cameras over 1 MM or SM fiber.

Does anyone know what kind of device I can use to run 13 cameras over fiber? I have never used fiber but on this one bid the building i am quoting is approx. 500ft accross the street from the main building where the DVR's are located at. He has 2 fiber lines from one building to the next. I am pretty sure I can only use one fiber line per camera or can I use more than one. He want coax out of the 13 cameras to the fiber connection and then out the other end of the fiber connection into the DVR.

Any product numbers, links, or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

how about this project going on? we are supplier about fiber optical transceivers, we can provide from 1 channal to 64 channal fiber oprical transceivers via one fiber line. you can contact me for more information: MSN: allan221(@)live(dot)cn, Email: intl_manager(@)aoshifiber(dot)com

i would also back american fibertek, i'd stay away from ge fiber, never had success with their stuff - i have a data fibercard still gettting repaired from them and its been weeks

the key to multiple cameras over one fiber is termination, u have to terminate perfect so you have minimal data loss, hire out someone thats done a lot

my 2cents