Sign in to follow this  
stevee

Qvis Apollo

About 9 months ago my CCTV recorder stopped recording. I called a guy out who got it going again and said it was a hard drive fault and if it occurred again it would probably need a new hard drive. It ran OK until two weeks ago and stopped again. I thought I would have a go at getting it going myself for the time being so read the manual.

When I went into HDd Management, I found it set to Recover, so I pressed execute, then restarted as per the prompt and it started to record again. After 3 days it stopped so I did the same and now it has been going 6 days. What I noticed last time was Recover is in a drop down menu with these other options, Read/Write   Read Only  Format

Having executed the Recover, should I then be changing to Read/Write and executing that also?

If I were to use the Format option would it mess with any other settings and be harder to get going again and would it be a better job in the long run?

Any help much appreciated

Hi. To see if it is your hard drive …. Yes format it first

then also tick in management read/write 

If you only had it set to read only before then your hard drive is not faulty 

read  will stop your hard drive once full ….. giving the impression hard drive is faulty

• Thanks 1

Hi @tomcctv,

I haven't set it to read only, it was in Recover when I noticed it,  was that  the way it had been left by the engineer last time, or would it automatically change to recover after going faulty? 

Apart form deleting all the recording what does format do as opposed to recover?

Hi the Apollo is from factory set to read/write 

yes if you format you will loose existing footage …. But it will sort out bad segments which gives faults 

write ……. Records till hard drive full 

recover ….. same as write but can playback 

read/write…… keeps recording its deletes the oldest files to make space for new so you should always have 2 weeks of footage 

we’re are you based

• Thanks 1

Thanks, am going to try the format option then change to read write. Am still puzzled how it got into recover mode but am hoping to keep it going myself for a while longer.

I formatted the HDD as suggested and it seems to be working fine so many thanks for the help.

The next problem is the remote viewing which hasn't worked since I got a laptop with windows 10, its did not seem to like PSS. I am wondering if Smart PSS will work and how do I set it up. I have a Vigor 2800VG router not connected to the internet. At one stage I pressed the reset button on it so am starting from scratch

Hi. It depends on how old your Apollo is. 

when you go into menu do you see a line that says guide?

for mobile or pads there is another app to use

It's about ten years old, when you go into main menu the options are

Search, Info, Settings

Advanced, Backup, Shutdown

set out in two lines with Icons.

I don't want to use on a mobile or ipad, just a laptop with windows 10. The Vigor router was reset at some stage so I will need to set that up too. 

Ok just for your pc 

go into dvr menu then network and make a note of your units IP address 

example 192.168.1 .8

enter your units ip into your computer browser….. you need to be in administrator 

you should the be prompted to load software onto your pc 

I can't do it quite like that as the Vigor router is not connected to the internet so I have downloaded the software first and was going to add the DVR from the add device page.

I think I might be closer to finding the problem,

The network page settings for IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway are all just 4 zeros so I think at some stage the info has been wiped, I have the settings which I think it should be from the manual. the transfer mode is latency, should this be fluency as per the manual?

The port settings are as the manual and DHCP is unticked. I seem to remember when first installed the engineer had a problem with a dynamic IP only working once then needed resetting so he went for a static one,(not sure exactly wha it means but it was what he said)

This is how it looks in the manual, do I need to input them the same to the DVR?

ip addy.JPG

Hi. If your up is 0.0.0.0 then you have no connection

first click DHCP. Switch recorder off then back on and see if you have been allocated a ip from your router if you have … then untick DHCP

I've done that and now have an IP which I have tried adding to Smart PSS but still no joy. It says it is offline.

I get a page not properly displayed asking for username and pass with a box below with 3 dropdown options TCP,UDP or w-multicast. The IP settings which came up are the same as the ones in the pic a bit higher up from the manual, the only difference is the last bit on the top line is 11 instead of 108 and the gateway is correct as I can get access to the router by typing that in the browser.

Ok. First  the IP in your picture has nothing to do with your system  ….. its just going to confuse you. 

57 minutes ago, stevee said:

I get a page not properly displayed asking for username and pass

It is properly displayed 

it also means leave your network settings alone as they are right 

so you did not complete the browser action?

entering user and password ?

I tried entering all the 8's as I do on the DVR but there is no enter button on the page so I tried just hit the one on the keyboard but its didnt seem to do anything

Sounds like your not in admin mode 

but first dahua default password should be changed on your dvr  on some units no internet access until it’s changed

but just as a test go to pc browser right mouse click and select run as administrator then enter DVRs IP 

The default password was changed. I have tried logging in in administrator mode, the two browsers I have are Chrome and Edge and they both do the same as in ordinary mode, do I need a different browser? This is how the page displays

page.JPG

Ok chrome disabled auto use of a plug-in a few years ago so you will have to enable it manually 

NPNPI plug-in was changed to disabled in one of chromes updates… you have to manually switch it on ….. this applies to local op login and also for using smart pss

ill find a link for you 

If you notice that recently your Chrome browser won't give you the live view, that is probably caused the recent Chrome update, which disable the NPAPI plugin by default. Here is the tweek of how you can change a setting to make sure you can still watch the live view and replay video of your CCTV Camera, IP Cameras, NVR, DVR on your Chrome browser: 

1. Open your Chrome browser, at the address bar, copy and paste chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
  2. You should see a screen pop up Click "Enable" 
  3. Relaunch (close and reopen) your chrome browser. Login to your CCTV camera page. It should be working now!

I've tried that and it just takes me to a long page headed experiments so I googled  and it seems enabling npapi in Chrome is not possible anymore. Have tried IE 11, didn't even realise it was on my laptop but it won't work on that either.

Hi. With us doing the 192.168.x.x in browser this tells you it is communicating with dvr and pc because it sees it ….. so it’s pc settings that is not allowing you 

have you tried connecting with the app on your phone or pad

I don't use an ipad and phone is a rather old one but I have tried it and get exactly the same page as above.  The same page also comes up when disconnected from the wireless router connected to the DVR but connected to the internet and typing in the DVR IP

1 hour ago, stevee said:

I don't use an ipad and phone is a rather old one but I have tried it and get exactly the same page as above.  The same page also comes up when disconnected from the wireless router connected to the DVR but connected to the internet and typing in the DVR IP

Hi. If your getting the same screen on your phone it means you are not using the app 

1 hour ago, stevee said:

The same page also comes up when disconnected from the wireless router connected to the DVR but connected to the internet and typing in the DVR IP

Ok this is also confusing…. It’s going to be much easier if you just connect with network cable from dvr to your main router

The problem with that is that they are at opposite ends of the property and not easy to get a route through. also I prefer to keep it separate. It's just frustrating that it did work in the past. I remember someone mentioning opening ports on the router, do you only have to do that if connected to the internet. I had a go with the old PSS and remembered the problem, the windows do not fully display on windows 10.