Sign in to follow this  
stevee

Qvis Apollo

Can you post a picture of the network screen 

while connected to the closest router

also what platform is your phone apple or android 

Its and old windows phone, i was just putting the IP no in the internet explorer browser. Am getting a new phone in the next couple of weeks so will probably be more compatible.

Will take a pic when am back

Hi yes they seem to be 

click DHCP and then switch off your recorder then back on ….. go back to that page and see if anything changed

@tomcctv I clicked the DHCP and saw the addresses go to zeros, switched off, then back on and the addresses are exactly the same as before with the DHCP unticked. Is it looking like the problem is at the router/laptop end?

It's quite long and not easily accessible but it has never been touched, everything worked fine until I got a new laptop with Windows 10 when PSS would not display properly and I gave up at that stage for a while. I did reset the router. Does the DHCP obtaining an IP address not mean the cable must be good?

Could the router have a firewall which is blocking me getting access or is that only when connected to internet?

@tomcctv i think am getting a bit further on, I found someting about enabling Active X in internet explorer and by typing the IP in the address bar am now getting to this page

WP_20210629_15_09_13_Pro.jpg

I have actually got it working in a fashion. doing it via internet explorer isn't as good as PSS, I can search but not able to fast forward, but better than nothing so many thanks for your help @tomcctv  Am just wondering why Smart PSS wont work and is there any alternative?

Hi you might find that the latest smart pss might be limiting your recorder 

try using PSS only ….. I’ll pm you a link

• Like 1

@tomcctv I did send you a PM, I can't get either Smart PSS or PSS to work, they both won't seem to see the DVR. However I have had success with Web Service by using compatibility view it seems to work quite well.

I realised I cannot use the 8's login as is restrticted to local and cannot remember the password for the admin login but got in on the 6's. The only problem is it will not let me download files, it says not allowed. At first I wondered if it was because the 6's login has lower authority than admin, but I can't see that being the case if you can search and view.

If I can get this sorted I will give up on PSS

@tomcctv Am nearly there, with compatibilty view and admin login I am able to download, the only snag is it goes into some weird folder and I don't seem to have options to save to regular folders, so what I found works for the time being is to give the download a unique name then search for it with file explorer and drag into downloads.