Sign in to follow this  
griffonsystems

timer with alarm output or day/nite indicator to use w/ ptz

i have an installation next week where i am installing several spectra iii ptz's and i want to park them on a shot during the day and then when nite comes have them run a pattern then back to park when day comes back.. has anyone done this before? i talked to pelco today and asked if the new spec4 would have programing based on hr or schedule and they said yes but that doesnt really help me with my current install... anyone have a device that could trigger these alarms to control the ptz??

thx

pg

the only thing I can think of is to do the reverse. Have the PTZ patrol and then set up a motion sensor in that area you want covered during the day. When the motion is triggered it will set an alarm trigger and the PTZ will relocate. After a specified time.....it should go back to the patrol mode.

???

If the distance for the motion sensor is beyond a hard wire solution I'd use http://www.ritron.com teleswitch..........wireless solution to relay the motion event to the PTZ.

Why not do as VST suggested and have a programmed tour for night coverage, and then perhaps use a photocell (wire across the NO relay output), to initiate an alarm state only during the day.

That should hold the camera on your alarmed view during daylight hours, although depending on the control system being used, there may possibly be other options.

I guess it depends on your head end system.

As stated, Spectra IV would solve the problem when it comes out.

As for now, what do you have for a head end?