Sign in to follow this  
techie996

Why can't I get 30 fps streaming/remote viewing and recording on ALL channels?

Hi, new here. Hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I have a Dahua DVR which supports up to 4, I think maybe its 6, 5MP cameras. The model number is dh-xvr5104hs-x1.

I was very pleased with the first camera install and remote viewing/recording experience - I was getting 30 fps @1080p live and a smooth and seamless 30fps when viewing remotely through my smartphone or viewing recorded footage. 

Now, I've installed a second camera but this is one is only giving me a maximum of 7 fps while remote viewing and recording! Uhh.. what?! This makes absolutely zero sense. 

The guy who installed the second camera, swapped camera 1 (channel 1) and tried it on channel 2 and 3 - and sure enough the original camera was also displaying 7 fps @1080p while remote viewing/streaming and recording. 

Is this a very common "thing" in Dahua DVRs? Both cameras are high-quality 5MP with fantastic live viewing output - one is Polo and the other one is Dahua. Why am I getting a full 30 fps @1080p while streaming/recording on channel #1 only? I've read the online instruction manual and specs sheet - there's no mention of this!

Really irked - feels like I wasted the second camera investment and should have just stuck to one camera. I need 30fps on both cameras while away from my premises! There's no setting on the DVR or my smartphone which I can use to up the frames. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Hi yes it’s the same on most units 

These are streaming settings not recording settings that should not be affected 

no stream or substream will give you 5mp at 30 fps 

No, streaming and recording are both affected. 

I was playing around with some settings and it seems the best I can get on streaming and recording is 15fps per camera at full HD 1080p. It's fine on live viewing - looks crystal clear at 30 fps, 6144kbps bit rate on cam 1 and 30 fps 4068kbps on cam 2. But streaming and recording can only be 30 fps channel/cam 1, on cam 2 it's just 7 fps! The best compromise is 15/15 fps on both cams for streaming and recording @1080p. 

If I lower the resolution on both cams to 960 * 1080, THEN I get 30 fps streaming and recording on both cams. But err....quality isn't all that 'super-duper' when viewing on my smartphone remotely, lol.