corviarbob

heimvision hm202a quetion

i got this  HeimVision 2K Wireless Wifi PTZ Camera Baby Monitor 2 Way Audio IR Night Vision     hm202a model. and it appears it only works on its own app. i can see it on the onvif model amd brand on tinycam but i can not do anything with it but the ptz. does anyone have this camera and found a program that will let me change the camera defaults to my own?  i uses admin and blank and even blank and blank. plus port 80. i would like to change these to make it more secure. the company is useless, i aske them and all the can tell me is re register to change my web logon and password. so maybe someone here has foune a program that will see this camera and let me change these default settings. i even tried the ipcam search tool and foscam tools and the fail. thanks

Hi   Those cameras burn well and that is your only option

yes they are built well but buys need to understand that ….. it is cheap for what it is

make it good and sell it cheap does not mean your getting a good product 

China want mass sales and $19 they will sell a lot …… the problem is they make there money up from collecting your data 

not only do they have access to watching you child’s room they can hear and talk if they wanted 

but now you have the data problem ….. even down to tracking your cellphone away from your home …. Even with the camera off the cellphone app is a tracker 

your name …. Your service provider ….. your email as well as others on your cellphone along with there phone numbers 

you can’t change the camera software because the data collection is built in and it’s put a hole in your home network which is something else you are going to have to fix

once you get shut of the camera and removed the app ….. you also need to get onto your service provider and ask them to change your IP address 

people should read the info on apps before they use them 

here is the data that camera and the app collects ….. if your happy with all the data it collects keep using it but 90% of people will just bin it 

https://www.heimvision.com/pages/privacy-policy

thanks that is what i figured. so like you say i do not want it on my system if i can't change the defaults as like you say it leaves a big hole in my security. i asked to return it and if they don't i will leave them a big neg feedback, they hate neg feedback and then it will set on the yard sale table.  i know how to change my ip address but no sence doing that for just one camera. i got one to test it as you just never know. so now i know.  thanks for this and as you say i kind of figured this after i got it and discovered it was basically junk. 

thanks bp.

so i forgot to ask if anyone happens to know if there is a way to get into these cameras and change the default setting? or it that pointless. like what was mentioned they are not a very good system by themselves but if you can change the username and password and the ports like on the foscam cameras then you can get them more secure. there app is useless and so far i haven't found a camera program that lets me get into them and change these fields. there has to be a program that works but my search is not getting me anywhere.  thanks

32 minutes ago, corviarbob said:

but if you can change the username and password and the ports

Doing this will not help at all

usernames passwords and ports are for the user to have access to the camera  ….. that is inbound

outbound….. does not need username password think of it like this 

you enter into browser…… new Ford truck 100s of links come up and which ever one you click on …… does not ask you for username or password to view the page 

that is you doing a outbound connection

your camera is doing the same …. Once you install you have allowed the camera to open traffic in your router and directs data to the manufacturers server  … peer to peer / P2P

there are some good P2P in many house hold electronics like PlayStation but the owner has control and requires usernames for setup 

your camera does not have any off option and you won’t find anything in the camera like IP address or ports or usernames as it is done via software which is classed as spyware

20 hours ago, corviarbob said:

i asked to return it and if they don't i will leave them a big neg feedback, they hate neg feedback and then it will set on the yard sale table. 

I think you will find there not bothered …….. 

but not very nice for you to pass it on at your yard sale and give someone else problems

21 hours ago, corviarbob said:

i know how to change my ip address but no sence doing that for just one camera. 

Well if you don’t ….. even if you disconnect and burn the camera ….. the path from your network to the camera server is still active you need to break that connection and the only way is via IP change ……….. you can’t change it only you ISP can and it does not effect anything on your network 

look at it this way 

your home phone number keeps getting unwanted calls from someone …… the only way to stop it is change you phone number

your phone number being your external IP unwanted calls is connection from China server ….. only way to stop is change your IP address

thanks but i have changed my ip address a few times and it stuck. i can do it in the router setting and the netgear forums claim if it turn off dns and enter a new ip address comcast accepts it. 

also i have changed the ports and username and password on my foscam cameras and gave the information to the tinycam app maker and he could not get into my cameras to see what he had to do the fix his app. seems to me that is pretty secure if i give it to someone and they can get it. my guess is the firewall kept him out. i have ran port scanner and prot probe and i have only the ports open that is required.

so if i was to change the camera ports and username and password it may not keep heimvision out but it should keep others out. if the cameras were not able to do that by changing the username and password and ports then all of them would be useless for security.  thanks

3 hours ago, corviarbob said:

so if i was to change the camera ports and username and password it may not keep heimvision out but it should keep others out.

It is not a case of keeping heimvision out ….. they don’t need to get into your network ….. your camera network is sending data out to there server it’s your data on the server they collect 

Just done a search and lots of complaints on YouTube and google on that camera 

also a tech guy showing you how they collect your data on that camera …… you can’t stop it 

i bet they do. i guess i don't quite know how they can get data but i'm sure they have a way. but that very well could be from all the cameras.   what i may do is put it on a router that is not connected to the network it will be secured better that way, but i still would like to be able to switch the default settings. so i do not have anyone messing with it that happens to be driving by, chances are slim but still possible. 

so send some of those links along i sure would like to see them. when i was looking into reviews i did not find any, but i bet there are tons of them.

so i just did a amazone and yep there are tons of neg reviews. although i do not have those same issues as of yet, but i expect them to start if i was to keep it online for any amount of time. i was looking for a cheaper camera to test before i got a more expensive one and this company sure hit the mark.  but you can find poor reviews on any camera this one has its share. so i guess i will stick to foscam and look for some bargains.

thanks.

ok can anyone tell me how this system is? KKMOON 1080P H.265+ DVR 2.0MP CCTV Home IR Security Camera System Kit H4N2  but in the description it say h264

does this sound like it may be a fair system. if it is like my zmodo i can change the default settings. also  what does the below mean? is this what the system will work with? so if i was to put 4  1080p cameras on this it is at the limit even though it has 8 channels available?  or it can do 4  720p and 4  960p   i guess i'm not familiar with that terminology. thanks.

Multi-mode input: Analog: 4*1080P(5 in 1);4*720P;4*960P
                  Hybrid:2*720P(analog)+2*720P(network)
                  Network:8*1080P;12*960P;8*720P;4*1080P;4*720P;1*1080P

also i have another question but you may tell me to post in a new thread.  can anyone tell me if i was to get one of those systems that have wifi cameras and a wifi nvr so it is all by itself for the cameras attaching to the nvr. i figure i can connect these to my network, but can i see this type of system on the tinycam app that i use for my cameras now for monitoring them? my neighbor has one and i just do not see hsi system on my tinycam app or when i do a wifi search, so are they designed to be that hidden? if so then it may be pointless to get one. for using on the tinycam app. thanks.

well not to much on the kkmoon nvr system i guess so i will start another thread on that and one on the wifi ip cam systems

anyway the ebay seller is starting to offer up a refund. so i can just toss the camera and keep the power supply for something else someday. the camera is junk as noted here and getting a refund means no yard sale to pass on the junk to someone else as well.

sure would be nice if anyone has some insight on that.  thank

On 6/26/2021 at 3:34 AM, corviarbob said:

i got this  HeimVision 2K Wireless Wifi PTZ Camera Baby Monitor 2 Way Audio IR Night Vision     hm202a model. and it appears it only works on its own app. i can see it on the onvif model amd brand on tinycam but i can not do anything with it but the ptz. does anyone have this camera and found a program that will let me change the camera defaults to my own?  i uses admin and blank and even blank and blank. plus port 80. i would like to change these to make it more secure. the company is useless, i aske them and all the can tell me is re register to change my web logon and password. so maybe someone here has foune a program that will see this camera and let me change these default settings. i even tried the ipcam search tool and foscam tools and the fail. thanks

I have found a camera configuration in Synology which works fine for the hm202! Look at the picture. In the update of the software this week you also see the IP address... 

The only problem is that you cannot change camera positions etc. I have to find out... If somebody knows let me know!

IP address look at the software from the cam, port is IP:554

IMG_20210808_154947.jpg

i put this camera back in the box and set on the shelf. i got a refund for it. i tired about 6 ip cm programs on it and the only one that did anything was it's own app. tinycam did a bit but none of the other apps would even find it. if you can't change the username and password and thoe ports are open to hackers then it is useless.  that may be why it was a cheap camera makes no difference that it was from china as they all are. but this was a cheap unit.