corviarbob

tmezon analog camera help

ok i got 2 tmezon mz-bah cameras one is 720 and one is 1080p anyway the 720 was working and i got the 1080p and connected it up and it failed. after pushing the buttons everyway i could for half hour i decided to take the 720 and go into menu and see what mode it was in. well it was in cvs and i changed it to ahd as the 1080p is and it stopped working. so i got it stuck in the wrong mode but now i'm in a pinch as i can't get it back into the cvs mode.

so there must be a way to get this back into the correct mode when it is not not showing on the screen. they have a way at the factory to set these up from nothing so i'm hoping someone has a code with the buttons that i can force it back into the correct mode. like maybe pushing the button down a number of time's for each mode until the mode you need show the stream.  i know you can push the button up dn left right without pushing it down to get into the menu to change it but i changed it in the menu and saved it so now i'm stuck.

so did i brick the thing? or maybe i can take it apart and find a jumper or master switch on the board? anyone have some ideas? thanks bp.

Hi. Like in other post ……. Buy a 5 in 1 recorder  …… it will fix all your problems and give you a better app than tinycam 

ok but now i have to find a 5 in 1 recorder because of all the recorders i ask about they all come back and se they are junk. so i found a site that said hikevision is an offshoot from dahu and everyone seems to live with the high priced hikevision. so what i may do is get a kkmoon as it has the same chips as the so called hikvision and see if there apps are any better. at this point in time i'm not a believer as i have tried more than a dozen apps and tinycam is by far the best one for what i need to use it for and more secure.

one thine for sure is i got 4 of those 4 into 1 cameras and i got 2 tmezons that i can't see on my recorder, they are in the ahd mode and i can't see them to take them out of that mode and put them into the cvbs mode that i need. i had one working and i changed the mode to test it and it lsot the feed and now i cant get it back. and i do not know the button sequence to get it back.

1 hour ago, corviarbob said:

found a site that said hikevision is an offshoot from dahu and everyone seems to live with the high priced hikevision.

Nothing at all to do with dahua … just sales crap   It is cheap junk

kkmoon as it has the same chips as the so called hikvision and see if there apps are any better.

In other words it’s a hikvision with a kkmoon sticker put on it. 

cvbs mode 

With 1080p …… 

look at a TVT dvr …….. use that app also to view all your cameras ……. Tinycam is just a generic app no cam control 

ok i got one tmzeon camera back. it turns out the first time you push the program button all the way down you get the first menu. then move the button towards the two wires not the wire going to the power and dvr. that is the video mode. then tot he right or left but keep going the same direction so your not just going back and forth. it may take 4 times. then wait a sew seconds between the left push to give it time to set teh mode. then you can go into the back menu to save and exit.

turns out i may have a bad new camera as the 720 came back on but the 1080p did ot come back on and i understand that if my dvr is not 1080p capable that the camera should show in a lower resolution than the camera is. so because i can't get this new camera to show it may be a bad camera. i have to go and look but i'm sure i have one 1080p camera on my dvr system now. thanks.

6 hours ago, corviarbob said:

turns out i may have a bad new camera as the 720 came back on but the 1080p did ot come back on and i understand that if my dvr is not 1080p capable that the camera should show in a lower resolution than the camera is. so because i can't get this new camera to show it may be a bad camera. i have to go and look but i'm sure i have one 1080p camera on my dvr system now. thanks.

your cameras are not broken …… as well as changing the format cvi tvi ahd cvbs you also need to alter the resolution to what CVBS runs 720 or 960h 

your recorder is analog only CVBS 

cvi tvi ahd are digital analog and can be upto 8mp

thanks. the other camera is just like the one that is not showing video  they are both the same 4 x 1 camera but it is in 720p i did change the dvr output to the every output it has. there are 4 and i do not remember off the top of my head.  i did measure the output of both cameras and they are putting out 16 mv so yes that camera must be doing something.  what i'm going to do is just get a 5x1 dvr and then i will be able to see any format i do get. then as i add cameras i'm bound to be able to see them.  or i may get a new zosi dvr that will accept any format according to them.

i have a 25ch nvr and that can see all the cameras i have but i need the dvr to process the signal for that nvr.   thanks

ZOSI 1080P 16 Channel TVI CVI AHD CVBS Security DVR,For 960H/720P/1080P CCTV

12 hours ago, corviarbob said:

i have a 25ch nvr and that can see all the cameras i have but i need the dvr to process the signal for that nvr.   thanks

Why ?  You are going backwards 

12 hours ago, corviarbob said:

what i'm going to do is just get a 5x1 dvr and then i will be able to see any format i do get. then as i add cameras i'm bound to be able to see them.

Well that also depends on the recorder and it’s limits

guess i do not know what that statement is about going backwards. if your asking why go to a dvr when i have a 25 ch nvr. well i have 12 dvr cameras and 6 ip cameras and the nvr will not get the dvr cameras unless they are processed and then put on the network.

and the 5x1 dvr nvr recorder will be able to use any camera i have now and down the road. currently i have 2 of the 12 failing and have to replace them and the tmzeon i just got to do that seems to not work on the zmodo so i guess it is time to update that old dvr so zosi has a 5x1 unit and kkmoon has one for what i'm watching i do not need to spend 5k on a system that is looking at the back yard the garages and the mail box. when a 100$ unit just may do the job.  

that heimvision camera i have testing on the table now using wifi an on tinycam but i do not like it being on onvif and port 80 so i'm going thru tinycams avaiable cameras and so far i have found 3 that show it good but no ptz and maybe not presets. but i'm just getting to the t's so i may find one that works. and if so and i can change out the username and password plus the ports i may just keep it. if not they will refund me and i can toss it in the trash after i smash it.

thanks

Backwards means just that …… your downgrading your image quality and your fixed on only using tinycam as a app to view generic China app is only a viewer

kkmoon has one for what i'm watching i do not need to spend 5k on a system that is looking at the back yard the garages and the mail box. when a 100$ unit just may do the job.  

Well that’s a pointless statement…… if you think it’s 5k to upgrade a recorder  and then say spend 100s on cheap recorders 

hybrids are cheap with any name …… but it is always best to buy brand names 

but there is even a cheaper way …… ditch your dvr and converts your analog cameras with an add on box that way you can just keep using your nvr ….. but I think your 24way nvr will have a 2mp limit 

ok that may be true for the 25 ch nvr but when i look at the video it is clear enough for me to see faces on the ip cams. i'm thinking about doing just that taking down the bullet cameras and putting up more foscam cameras. i have a sketch now of where i may want to install some. they re getting cheap enough now on ebay to get them for a few bucks. for what i need i do not have to spend a tin of money. then i have to run more cat5 cable and power. but then i have ptz zoom if needed and hd 2mp or greater cameras. and i can ditch the small nvr and dvr. anyway thanks

by the way the thread started out asking about 2 tmezon bullet cameras . and i thnk the reason i cans see that last one is it is hd and my dvr will not process that much signal. thanks

by the way the thread started out asking about 2 tmezon bullet cameras . and i thnk the reason i cans see that last one is it is hd and my dvr will not process that much signal. thanks

Your dvr won’t process HD at all no components in you dvr to run HD 

The post is this long because you don’t understand your tmezon are not faulty …. You just don’t have anything to run them on

there is no point going any further if you don’t understand resolution or stream types or formats or data paths 

ok thanks one tmezon runs and one does not. but i have a ahd camera runing on it now it is a analog hd camera nst-cb4-1-1 and i looked it up on ebay and it was advertised as an hd camera. and form what i have read ahd cameras are analog hd cameras. now that may be a 720p hd and not a 1080p hd. they do not give you much for info on them. 

and i think i said earlier that i did a voltage reading and both cameras are out putting 16 mv so that 1080p camera is working.  so either i get a zosi dvr 4x1 or a kkmoon dvr 5x1 and then i can run all the cameras i have. or i get 300$ worth of foscam cameras and then run cat cable and power to them. it is much easier to just take down the old cameras and plug in a new dvr and be down with it.

and then find the new dvr on the 25 ch nvr to record them in one place for monitoring them.

thanks for the help.

ok thanks one tmezon runs and one does not. but i have a ahd camera runing on it now

Well that must be magic since you don’t have a ahd dvr

HD analog will not run on a standard analog dvr  ….. so your camera is only running cvbs….. which is analog only 

here is a fact for you 

cvi tvi ahd  are analog only at camera end …. The signal is then sent to dvr digitally over coax

so if you only have ahd it will not work at all on a cvi or tvi recorder…… that stopped a few years ago when 4 in 1 cameras and DVRs came out 

but now we have 4 in 1 cameras and the DVRs have moved up to 5 in 1 

5 in 1 meaning 

cvi

tvi

ahd

cvbs

IP

and like I said posts back get a 5 in 1 dvr 

and it won’t cost you $5k

ok i guess so check out this and tell me if you think it is an ahd camera? it show on the dvr that is all i can say.  

20210618_122651 (2).jpg

8 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Well that must be magic since you don’t have a ahd dvr

HD analog will not run on a standard analog dvr  ….. so your camera is only running cvbs….. which is analog only 

here is a fact for you 

cvi tvi ahd  are analog only at camera end …. The signal is then sent to dvr digitally over coax

so if you only have ahd it will not work at all on a cvi or tvi recorder…… that stopped a few years ago when 4 in 1 cameras and DVRs came out 

but now we have 4 in 1 cameras and the DVRs have moved up to 5 in 1 

5 in 1 meaning 

cvi

tvi

ahd

cvbs

IP

and like I said posts back get a 5 in 1 dvr 

and it won’t cost you $5k

yes you did and when i ask what you recommend you gave me links to expensive units. you did not like the kkmoon unit or that is how i read your reply. i'm not going to spend 500$ on a dvr for what i use it for. thanks

i tired to post the tmezon camera info but i'm limited to 1.2mb so maybe another time but the tmezon has the same ahd on it. my dvr seems to like cbvs but for some reason that white camera is working so i must have been able to switch it to what the dvr likes.  the new tmezon as you say must be more than my dvr can handle. so i think i will get the kkmoon unit and see how it works. only thing i have to lose is shipping time thanks

ok i guess so check out this and tell me if you think it is an ahd camera? it show on the dvr that is all i can say.  

20210618_122651 (2).jpg

It tells you on the first line 4 in 1

so it’s 

cvi tvi ahd or cvbs 

my dvr seems to like cbvs but for some reason that white camera is working so i must have been able to switch it to what the dvr likes.

All analog DVRs for years run cvbs

so your camera that’s working is set to cvbs

it’s the only format that runs on your dvr

i will get the kkmoon unit and see how it works.

Ok rebadged unit …… why don’t you post a link to it ….. see what it’s limit is 

yes sir i figured that out. thanks i will figure out something now that you have helped me figure out that tmezon camera. i have a few options to figure out. i told the ebay seller the camera s ok and not to do a refund as my dvr is the fault.  not sure yet but i'm leaning on the kkmoon unit with 4 cameras as that is how most are sold. and the cameras i have now should fill an 8 ch dvr up just fine. again thanks for the help