Klowe

Reolink system off Amazon

Hi people

please could someone help with the system I’ve just put in my brothers house 

it’s a 8 channel nvr supplied with 4 D500 Poe cameras I also got 2 extra cameras RLC-520 I’ve got 4 cameras working but two of the D500 won’t work I’ve noticed the IP address has changed from before I made the RJ45 connectors off myself and tested with the master tester and all is ok I feel it’s a setting thing but I’m not wise on it actually very basic knowledge so could do with help on how to set it up would probably be better by a phone call if anyone is willing I’m in Derby England uk

Just now, Klowe said:

Hi people

please could someone help with the system I’ve just put in my brothers house 

it’s a 8 channel nvr supplied with 4 D500 Poe cameras I also got 2 extra cameras RLC-520 I’ve got 4 cameras working but two of the D500 won’t work I’ve noticed the IP address has changed from before I made the RJ45 connectors off myself and tested with the master tester and all is ok I feel it’s a setting thing but I’m not wise on it actually very basic knowledge so could do with help on how to set it up would probably be better by a phone call if anyone is willing I’m in Derby England uk

My email is Kjlowe1@hotmail.com

if anyone would prefer to send there phone number via email 

Hi Tom I didn’t do the a or b standard I simply did

w/o,or 

w/Bl,Bl

w/gr, gr

w/br, br 

tested with master tester all cables go from 1-8 fine so no issues with cables or RJ45s when I first connected the nvr to tv I did connect the two cameras that I cannot get working via the patch lead supplied 

I then installed all cables turned nvr on then started connecting the cameras the only two not working like I said are the two I connected pre install would re-format with all cameras unplugged then turn off nvr plug all cameras back in then turn nvr back on solve the issue I have a feeling it’s something IP address related 

Thank you for responding 

9 minutes ago, Klowe said:

tested with master tester all cables go from 1-8 fine so no issues with cables or RJ45s 

Hi. Yes this is a big issue your cameras will not work …. They can’t communicate with the network
T-568B is how you must wire your rj45s

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Klowe said:

But 4 are working two of which are the same type and been wired exactly the same 

Hi. Until you wire your rj45 correctly then your not going to fix your problem 

your camera will not communicate and will not have a IP address assigned all network cables need to be wired correctly 

• Sad 1

Ok Tom I’m grateful for you input and response but if all the other cameras are working the way I’ve wired / made off the RJ45s why not the original two 

I’m sorry but just can’t see what the difference is apart from being a standard way of doing it hat was set by someone years ago 

if you’ve got 8 cables at one end let’s say 12345678 and they goto the other end in the same sequence what does it matter if you could enlighten me I’d be grateful so too understand 

1 hour ago, Klowe said:

I’m sorry but just can’t see what the difference is apart from being a standard way of doing it hat was set by someone years ag

if you’ve got 8 cables at one end let’s say 12345678 and they goto the other end in the same sequence what does it matter if you could enlighten me I’d be grateful so too understand 

It matters a lot to the point your system will not work

if you use a rj45 tester with your 12345678 it will say fault….. there is no way around that 

I have been doing this for 36 years I know I am right 

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

T-568B

Is standard all over the world 

now yes you might have 1 or two cameras working ….. they might of already been in your local IP range …… your other cameras not working might also have local ip range but are the same ip as the other camera so won’t work as now you have a conflict 

wiring your rj45 in the right way will allow your recorder or router to assigne your cameras a new local IP address 

see my first reply to your post …. I knew from your first post what your problem is 

90% of diyers wire rj45 wrong 

Hi Tom once again thankful for your response I did use a RJ45 tester but did not show a fault so I’m none the wiser but tomorrow I shall change the connectors on both cameras too the said stranded method on both ends of the cables 

ill let you know the outcome lol

so is crosstalk the problem I might be getting or is that something totally different 

46 minutes ago, Klowe said:

so is crosstalk the problem I might be getting or is that something totally differen

No it’s because you have wired your rj45 wrong 

47 minutes ago, Klowe said:

I did use a RJ45 tester but did not show a fault so I’m none the wiser 

I would also say get a new tester ….. because 12345678 will show two faults

how many testers did you use

• Thanks 1

Hi Tom 

Thank you sir you was 100% correct I do apologise if it seamed as if I was not believing you although I wasn’t it was the fact I couldn’t see a reason as some cameras worked 

I did watch a YouTube video that explained why it has to be T-568B 

The system is all up and running many thanks 

suppose I owe you a beer lol

Hi. Not a problem ….. we all learn everyday

hold you to the beer I have a few customers there …… church wine bar and a few petrol stations 

• Like 1