Sign in to follow this  
BillAk

Dahua Wizsense confusion

Hi forum,

as a follow up to my previous post that hasn't been answered (here) I keep trying to understand a few things about Dahua and their Wizsense system. Reading this page  doesn't really clear all the terms how / if / when and why some characteristics are in a device or not. (too many terms god). According to their product selector Wizsense can be found in: IP cameras - XVR Recorders -NVR Recorders.

1. MUST I use an IP Camera to have a "Wizsense" or not?

2. Can I have an XVR Wizsense used with a camera that does not have Wizsense?

3. My thought is that: (tell me if this is correct please)

IP cameras with Wizsense integrated > use with any NVR without Wizsense integrated.

XVR/NVR recorders with Wizsense integrated > use with any camera without Wizsense integrated.

Please someone my head is about to explode. ?

Thank you.

Hi. Yes you need a analytics camera and if recorder which attributes your looking for 

but if your looking at buying wizsense (Ai)

I would not buy just yet ….you could be wasting your money

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Yes you need a analytics camera and if recorder which attributes your looking for 

but if your looking at buying wizsense (Ai)

I would not buy just yet ….you could be wasting your money

Waste? Omg... Well I bought a DAHUA XVR5116HS-I2 a few hours ago along with 5 cameras and other tools for the setup. I am upgrading btw. My system so far - not thanks to dahua - but due to its existence has helped me in a few cases that people stole things from my yard. So yeah... If half of false alarms work I will be happy enough. I might post here or in a new post my thoughts after a couple of months. Thank you.

Hi. Yes the system is good …. However the data protection is not for everyone that visits your home ……. You can’t control that side of your system dahua does

i tell people now to have a switch that allows you to turn off your recorders network while your home and only switch network on when your home is empty 

if you have not installed it yet I would hold off as you can’t send it back once used

dahua sent me some kit offers $125 for recorder and 10 cameras …. That’s a reduction of $600 on same kit last month 

most countries are still waiting for the ban result

On 9/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi. Yes the system is good …. However the data protection is not for everyone that visits your home ……. You can’t control that side of your system dahua does

i tell people now to have a switch that allows you to turn off your recorders network while your home and only switch network on when your home is empty 

if you have not installed it yet I would hold off as you can’t send it back once used

dahua sent me some kit offers $125 for recorder and 10 cameras …. That’s a reduction of $600 on same kit last month 

most countries are still waiting for the ban result

Hi again. When you talk about "Data" you mean face recognition? Because I don't use that and I don't think I am going to. I also thought that the face database was local. Isn't it?

My system cost me about 500 dollars.  DAHUA XVR5116HS-I2 + 5 cameras for now + some cables + adapters and more. I am adding 3 more next month.

Could you please explain to me a little bit more about the part of "the recorders network" ? I never used ethernet/internet on my previous dahua XVR but now I thought I would start to. Why should we shut it down / cut the connection when in home?

Thank you.

11 hours ago, BillAk said:

I also thought that the face database was local. Isn't it?

Hi. If recorder is connected to internet then no it’s not just local…. You don’t even need face detection it still collects that data

11 hours ago, BillAk said:

Why should we shut it down / cut the connection when in home?

To stop others watching your system …. While on internet your system is connected to a server 1000s miles away

https://www.securityinfowatch.com/video-surveillance/article/21227289/fcc-moves-one-step-closer-to-banning-hikvision-dahua-products

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. If recorder is connected to internet then no it’s not just local….

???

You don’t even need face detection it still collects that data

Well that means it should be using a lot of bandwidth if it keeps recording faces and sending data to Chinese data centers... Damn Chinese people. That's sooooo weird and spooky. Is this new? I mean is it to the new chips of newer XVRs / NVRs ?

To stop others watching your system …. While on internet your system is connected to a server 1000s miles away

Well technically I am...

Edit: I just unplugged my XVR ahahahahah