CCAR

Looking for some expertise on a new home PoE / NVR based surveillance system

Building a new home and got an estimate on a surveillance system from a low voltage/alarm system/audio installer.  Any thoughts appreciated.  Is Luma a good quality brand? Are these good prices or just MSRPs?  It looks like these are only sold through distributors so it is difficult to find price comparisons or reviews.  

-- Surveillance System --
Luma SurveillanceTM 710 Series Dome IP Camera with Starlight and Heater -- White QTY 4 at $675.95 each  $2,703.80 Total
Luma SurveillanceTM 510 Series 4 Channel NVR -- 5TB QTY 1 at $1,400.90 

3 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Wow it would be cheaper to let someone rob your house

over $4K for only 4 cameras

lot of money for a basic unit

Right.  Get that.  Hence the reason why I posted here because the price seemed high.  Can you elaborate on a better value or why these are "basic"?

Hi. Your link is just a standard system 

even the remote app is very basic 

how many cameras are you looking for …. Is it home or business and will you be installing your self

10 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Your link is just a standard system 

even the remote app is very basic 

how many cameras are you looking for …. Is it home or business and will you be installing your self

Hi.  Thanks.  Home.  Mid-East US.  4 cameras.  Under porch, and 3 eaves cameras - two in front drive on either end of home and one over garages.  The two in front will be second story eaves and garage will probably be 10-12 feet high.  Looking for a good quality system, reliable with good remote viewing capability on app.  I would like audio but 2-way is not important.  I've had HikVision and LTS cameras that are meh in prior homes. 

Luma may be a good equipment but their website sucks.  I can't even see the specs of their products.  It honestly looks like a kid did their pages:

https://www.lumasurveillance.com/

Hi. There just resellers they don’t make anything 

system come in 4-8-16-32 way

one of the best systems on the market at the moment is TVT and they also have the best app ever made for a cctv system it gives you full control of your system including remote reboot

TVT makes hikvision and dahua look like toys

if your installing your self I would buy an 8 way nvr and buy cameras as you build up

all there system take 2mp upto 4K as standard and you can use almost every camera brand 

I have installed over 60 of these units and had no problems

just to show how much you was quoted 

luma nvr basic $1.400

tvt Ai 4K nvr is around $400 and does a lot more