ethan1987

Will HD cameras work with D1 DVR

Hi. specifically, I have a qsee qs458 DVR that has analog composite (cvbs) bnc imput for d1 resolution cameras. I want to buy some 720p resol hickvision cameras that support cvbs. Will i see the complete picture at lowered resolution or nothing at all?? THX!

17 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Seems like a waste of money going backwards

that q-see is 13 years old do you have cameras on your system now ?

what do you mean going backwards,  i had this dvr for quite sometime and a couple of cameras got screwed because of thunderstorms and bad electrical service. If i could connect a new 720p camera (which is the cheapest i can  find) and get a less-quality-recording then it's fine by me

Yes it’s going backwards 

D1 analog is your recorder ….. 720p will not work there analog hd

what I mean on going backwards is replace your 13 year old recorder first …. A 4 in 1 dvr will run your existing cameras and also replace your damaged cameras over time with new HD   Recorders are cheap and so are HD analog cameras

10 hours ago, tomcctv said:

D1 analog is your recorder ….. 720p will not work there analog hd

The 720p camera i found  is compatible with cvbs technology (as long as ahd and other hd), wich I assume is the one my dvr works with. So, when you say that it will not work, you mean no signal at all, or half of the camera image, or reduced quality?

6 hours ago, ethan1987 said:

The 720p camera i found  is compatible with cvbs technology (as long as ahd and other hd), wich I assume is the one my dvr works with.

No your recorder is over 13 years only ….. its an early dahua  and only D1

you would have to check camera spec and see if standard analog is one of its formats 

ahd is a digital format along with cvi and tvi

On 10/11/2021 at 3:58 AM, tomcctv said:

No your recorder is over 13 years only ….. its an early dahua  and only D1

you would have to check camera spec and see if standard analog is one of its formats 

ahd is a digital format along with cvi and tvi

so it turns out my dvr can receive signal from that camera using cvbs as i said. I borrowed one to test it.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:56 AM, ethan1987 said:

The 720p camera i found  is compatible with cvbs technology (as long as ahd and other hd)

1 hour ago, ethan1987 said:

so it turns out my dvr can receive signal from that camera using cvbs as i said. I borrowed one to test it.

We can only answer what you post 

D1 13 year old dvr can’t take digital analog

Ahd was not used on cctv then 

so the hd cameras you have are backward compatible….. which is standard for cvi tvi ahd but you will only be using the D1 side of it

which goes back to first post your going backwards HD 5mp cameras are around $20 now and a recorder is around $60

I didn't say I used ahd. I specifically said the camera supports cvbs and my question was if that technology were the same as my old dvr, which it is as I also said, and if that was all I needed for the camera to work with that dvr.

I just mentioned the camera also supported ahd ... you are even quoting me, so don't give me that speech.  If you can't understand my question it's your problem not mine.

And I will buy a new dvr in the future but that's out of this question, your opinion on that matter wasn't relevant. I just need to solve the camera problem right now. These cameras I can connect to the new dvr, so NO problem at all buying them now.