Sdogeinnarg

Is this as simple as a broken camera?

Hello all,

First time posting here and I'm certainly no expert, I'm just looking for some quick advice.

We had a four camera system installed a little over 18 months ago and one of the cameras seems to be playing up.

Can anyone first confirm whether it is certainly a hardware issue from the picture below (this poor quality image only comes on intermittently, then it goes to a black screen of no signal)? in which case, would it be a case of a replacement needed?

Following this,  would anyone be able to suggest where I could find a matching replacement? (I'm in the U.K.)

The company we used would charge £300 for a new camera, plus probably about £125 - £200 to fit it - which all in all, I feel is pretty steep.

If I can't find an exact match, I'm guessing I can mix and match something with pretty much the same spec?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!

25914814_CCTVCameraIssue.thumb.jpg.7983ff4a5da93827af3850294ec179cd.jpg

Hi I would say you have a cable connection problem 

looking at your picture your installer has no clue about cctv

he has used a cable management box …. Which is good ….. but then does not bother using cable input……. He has gone into back of box …… so cable is getting squashed between facia board and camera fitting and will doing that water can get in …. Or air change causing condensation inside box 

£300 for that type of camera ….. don’t use that installer again  ….. 18 months ago they were only £60

is the camera easy for you to get too ?

Thanks for the feedback!

Right that would make more sense - I would be suprised if the camera was playing up so quickly!

Yes it is pretty accessible, a few steps up a ladder and I can access it. What would you suggest in this case?

Hi first I would take camera down ….. you need to do this to get at connectors 

that camera is plastic so you twist the big ring to left a half turn …. Then remove the 3 screws holding it to the management box 

you will then see the bnc connection and the power plug ….. bnc might look like it’s got white powder on it and also might of turn green ….. these are signs of damp or has been wet.  Could even be something as simple as your installer can’t put BNC connectors on right 

but try that first and see what you find ….. nothing you do will upset your recorder

what part of uk are you in

Rightio, thanks a lot for these steps, really appreciate it. I'll have a crack at it when I have some time on my hands.

We're in West Yorkshire ?