Potlvr420

Hamachi networking software could be your best friend .

Ok people heres a little special info for all you ppl remote viewing etc. If you use Hamachi on your server and on client machine you never have to worry about port forwarding etc... No dyndns or no-ip either. Hamachi is a tunneling networking program that takes your i-net connections and acts like your private lan.. We setup all our servers with it and with vnc we fix 90 percent of problems from office.. Even when idiots reset routers and cant figure out why remote viewing doesnt work.. We vnc into their Hamachi ip. Then log into their router and fix the problems. Anyway its FREE and an awsome little utility that im sure some of you all will enjoy. Just google search for it and you will find it. So easy and simple to setup and gets around all router problems.

So people are expected to let a stranger take control of their pc/router, in a security application? Not something I would do......

I think he was stating that he can control his clients accounts, not trying to offer a service to all of us. If he was, at a price of "free", he would be working quite a bit for nothing short of some funny video at times!

Hamachi looks interesting......

Yes Rory its like VPN only better. Networking Adminstrator turned me on to it. If you play around with it you will see its potential. Its very secure and you can setup several different networks and used in conjunction with RDM or vnc is very secure as if you dont port forward in router only way to access is with Hamachi ip.

No i wasnt volunteering to take over any of your alls machines or nothing crazy like that. Thats pretty ridiculous to think that. I just wanted to share little helpfull info with you all but as allways someone takes info wrong way and wants to start bashing.

If ppl pay us to install alarms and cameras i believe they should trust us to maintain their servers etc.. We only put this on camera only servers.

Will it actually update new IP addresses in case my remote pc IP change? Does it actually do what DirectUpdate does?

I'm trying out this software..