Sign in to follow this  
Tony Rowland

prolux 8mp 4k

hello can you help please
I have a 8mp 4k camera with a prolux 5104hs-4k-x1
The problem i have is the camera comes on in the day but the picture is blurred and very strong colours and at night the camera switches off and i can’t hear any Audio.
i have put a direct power supply to the camera both ends but the ir just flashes.
is there something in the setting i have to change.

Hi how many cameras are you using and are they all 4K 

also size of power supply you are using 

your system is the dahua lite ……. So your camera needs to be set to cvi for 8mp …. Tvi ahd it only does 6mp

Thanks for the reply I am useing 2 standard fusion cameras and 1 prolux 4k but I do have another to install. 

The power supply runs the set top box and the two fusion cameras which seem to be fine and I have a  separate power feed for the camera which I thought would make a difference. 

Hi when the kit came it comes with a multi lead with 1 female and 4 males sockets on main adapter plugs into the female and also makes the 4 males live for the camera and the dvr but i have also tryed another adapter straight to the camera but just get the same crap picture in the day and a flashing ir light at night. But the two low quality cameras seem to work, I am puzzled 

1 hour ago, Tony Rowland said:

12 v power supply same as the dvr

Hi. All DVRs are 12v it’s the amps that counts 

but this is a problem you need to fix first 

dahua DVRs come with unit - mouse and main power supply you should not run anything else from that power supply and it should be 12v 2amp 

cameras should be on another power supply 12v 5amp 

sounds like your under powered

yes all i got with the kit was power supply and a 5 lead plug in for dvr and camaras. And 2 camara's  And some thicker cable which takes audio as well

My old camara Fusion i have been using on the old leads which are alot thinner there the only one's that work day and night.  

Hi. Did you buy from a Manchester based company

2amp is not going to run your dvr with hard drive and your cameras as well

i would not use your system until you have the proper power supplies……. If you put your hand on the power supply you will notice it is hot

Hi the brand is dahua just rebadged 

yes it’s a good system ….. but sold by people that no nothing of cctv or basic electrical

for them to think a pigtail lead can run everything of 1 power supply says there a joke 

the power supply you have is for dvr only …. I will post a power supply for your cameras 

Thank you so much for this information I didn't have a clue this was the problem, I did wonder why the person in question wasn't getting back to me when I was telling him my problems. 

I have now ordered that one you sent me. So that power supply will happily power all of it or just the camera's? 

Thanks again 

Hi   The one you have is what comes with the recorder when new unplug the pigtail lead and plug it direct into your recorder 

your supplier should of told you that you also needed a separate power supply for your cameras …….. but instead gives you pigtail lead to run everything ….. which is impossible with only a 12v 2 amp power supply 

my link is for 12v 5amp and should only be used to power your cameras……. Dvr and camera power should always be separate 

the link should run 4 cameras  1amp for each camera =4amp …… and 1 amp for power surge……. Which is when IR switches on at night

Hi i have tried the new power supply and I am getting the same unfortunately really bad picture with strong colours and no picture at all at night only a flashing ir light. I was hoping the power supply was going to fix as it made alot of sense. 

5 hours ago, Tony Rowland said:

Hi i have tried the new power supply and I am getting the same unfortunately really bad picture with strong colours and no picture at all at night only a flashing ir light. I was hoping the power supply was going to fix as it made alot of sense. 

Hi that was the first thing to get right on your system was the power 

now how are your cameras wired ….. coax …. Cat5 or lead kits 

Ok that’s cable kit. Not for cctv but companies send it as cctv cable 

it’s been talked about on forum for years 

first problem is the power side the conductors are not a good size to power cameras 

but in your case 4K cameras will never display a good image with those leads

can you easily rewire ?

7 minutes ago, Tony Rowland said:

Yes no problem 

What is the length of your cable runs 

coax with power is your cheapest option it also carries the power cable called shotgun cable

cat 5 you can run two cameras on …. So if you have cameras in the same area 1 cable run will do…… using cat5 you will need HD baluns at each end of cable …you don’t need baluns with coax (shotgun)

we’re are you located