Dajain

Looking for CCTV on a budget.

I tried doing a cheapie system with one I bought from Amazon and went thru 2 bases and 3 cameras in 6 months and decided that was not the system for me. It was a $300 wireless system made by OOSSXX

Here is what I'm hoping to find and open to suggestions.

I have a bigger driveway. 2-300 feet in diameter that I would like to cover.

I would like to get at least 2 different angles. One from the shop doors and one from the power pole as people drive in. A 4 camera system is about all I would need. Anthing extra would be spare parts

Would like to be able to monitor from the house but ethernet is not run to the shop. My WIFI does reach out to it with a repeater on the outside of the house. Would also like the motion detected recording instead of 24/7 recording

Ideally, I would like to find a wireless system where the cameras can transmit reliably for 3-400'.  Is there such a wireless system?

Second choice, find a wired system which would  connect to the WIFI signal out at the shop that comes from the house. And then receive alerts to my Android.

Finally, I'm looking at these systems (on a budget):

ZOSI, Amcrest, and GW Security.

Any thoughts on these and suggestions on setting up my system?

6 hours ago, emily123 said:

Recently I installed Wireless Security Cameras in my home. These cameras record high quality images. You can monitor all the activity through mobile application by connecting security devices. I found these cameras in very reasonable prices.

Which system did you install? Did you test the range on the cameras or how far from the base are they? 

I just don't want to spend a good chunk of money for something that breaks down every 3 months and have to constantly call to get replacement parts.

3 hours ago, Dajain said:

Which system did you install? Did you test the range on the cameras or how far from the base are they? 

I just don't want to spend a good chunk of money for something that breaks down every 3 months and have to constantly call to get replacement parts.

Emily123 is spamming it’s just wireless junk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Are there any decent wireless systems?

Are any od them that I mentioned earlier worth more than the box they are shipped in?

Hi   Most wireless systems don’t last long plus your stuck if even 1 camera goes down

there are other ways to have a wireless system for example you can run iP camera data over your existing power cables … this also means you don’t have to bother about wireless range 

these are called power adapters that just plug into your existing power sockets

yes doing it this way is above your budget but if you add to your system over time you will end up with a reliable system 

your budget should get you a nvr recorder and two 6 or 8 mp cameras to start with

• Thanks 1