Sign in to follow this  
huskerfanfrosty

Splitting poe camera signal

Hi, I have an Amcrest system.  Total of 10 cameras with 8 of them being poe and the Amcrest NVR.

I'd like to take one of those poe cameras run it through this: NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE Switch
and essentially have that signal get split.  One would go into my NVR and one would go elsewhere.

Can't this be done?  I tried but not successful yet.  Any clues please?

2 hours ago, Netraclos said:

obviously the higher the more clear and better picture. the normal quality is 400TVL, 420TVL is great picture quality, 480TVL is more excellent

Wow a salesman who knows nothing about what he sells …. No wonder you have to spam forums to sell your crap and your bad advice

420 480tvl cameras have not been sold in over 10 years and we now talk mega pixel not tvl

your website states business network solutions in Canada ….. yet you can’t answer original post right so you also need to work on that 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, huskerfanfrosty said:

Can't this be done?  I tried but not successful yet.  Any clues please?

Hi yes it can be done ….. have the switch give camera its iP and use that to call camera to each location 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:46 PM, Netraclos said:

obviously the higher the more clear and better picture. the normal quality is 400TVL, 420TVL is great picture quality, 480TVL is more excellent and more is stunningly better. remember that TV Lines essentially control the cost of the Commercial camera installation

hang on,

sneaky link to your website (based on the site domain and your Cctvforum username) and YOU SAY 480TVL IS STUNNING IN 2022????