Sign in to follow this  
stagdata

PTZ Not working on Panasonic WJ-HD316A

I purchase a used Panasonic WJ-HD316A Digital Disk Recorder with 2-1000GB HD and 4 Panasonic WV-CW484 Dome Cameras.  After figuring out I need a Windows XP machine with IE 6 on it I loaded it on My Windows 10 Laptop in VMWare to access it.  Next I could not get an image from my Cameras, just flickering lines on in my XP Vurtual Machine laptop while accessing 192.168.0, and after about 3 days of reading thru both the manual for the NVR and the cameras I decide to try a shorter BNC Cable. I was using a 100' and I went to a 50' and I got the image.  Now before all this I reset the NVR to defaults because I did not know what the IP was or the Password was. Since this system came out of a much larger system I figured that they had been modified to work with there large system.  In fact the front of the NVR has DVR-10 on it and camera numbers 145-160.  So I have a VGA Cable from the NVR to a LCD Monitor and a RJ-45 crossover connected to the Laptop with Xp and I can access a Single camera connected to Channel 1 and see the image from the camera.  Both the NVR Software and The camera have both PS-Data and RS485 settings in them both I don't know which one is to use.  Since the dip switches on the NVR (#7 On) I tried that. No luck with PTZ.  I cant figure out what the baud rate should be or if it matters.  The NVR was set to 9600, Parity none and stop bit 1.   I have taken the dome off and got into the camera's settings but don't see a baud rate setting.   I have not tried the RS485 settings yet.  Without PTZ this system is pretty well useless to me.  Can someone help me get this working please.

Hi. Your post is very confusing 

nvr dvr ptz bnc windows ie6

all your listed components are analog no pc needed all controlled by dvr with monitor attached

and as far as your ptz cameras sorry but your cameras are standard and not ptz

the cw484 also known as SD3 Sanyo is a standard analog dome camera with no control

for your camera distance power cameras with 24v ac and just plug bnc into dvr add monitor and that’s it

Sorry for the confusing post. May I’m just using the wrong terms. These cameras definitely have the ability to move the camera around. I have the dome camera connected directly to the Panasonic digital recorded with a 50’ combo power and bnc connector. The recorder is connected to a monitor with a vga cable. I can see the image from the recorder and get into the settings of the recorder. I have attempted to move the camera with the controls on the recorder with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

39 minutes ago, stagdata said:

These cameras definitely have the ability to move the camera around.

Hi. I know this is something you don’t want to hear but you just have a cif analog recorder and dome cameras ….. all around 15 years old

even your camera picture shows it’s not a ptz…… as you can see in your picture you have two thumb screws on your lens ….. one is zoom other is focus….. so are manually set only ….. the little motor also on the side of the lens is for lens iris  nothing to do with moving the head

and the dead giveaway that you have a fixed head camera is cable connections ….. one lead 12v/24v and one bnc ……. No control wire rs485

Thanks for info!  Guess this system won't help me much.  Was wanting the PTZ ability so I didn't need so many cameras.

Any idea how much these camera's sell for now?

I guess I could buy 12 more and hook all 16 and cover a good area but I don't know how good they are at night vision.

I'm probably best just to scrap this system and buy some more New Wireless PTZ cameras.

Again thanks for your help.

2 minutes ago, stagdata said:

Any idea how much these camera's sell for now?

18 months ago I put 2 systems in the bin 

4 minutes ago, stagdata said:

I guess I could buy 12 more and hook all 16 and cover a good area but I don't know how good they are at night

That would just be wasting money 

your dvr is too old to run todays cameras ….. first it records in cif … very poor resolution…. Plus no apps or windows support…. Then you also have the burn off problem …. No one uses cd anymore

8 minutes ago, stagdata said:

I'm probably best just to scrap this system and buy some more New Wireless PTZ cameras.

I would learn about systems first (buy once and be happy)

your first mistake is thinking of wireless ptz  

Thanks again to all for the help!!!

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year and I'm just going to get some new cameras and cut my losses.

Anyone locking for a very cheap 16 Channel recorder and 4 Dome Cameras.?

LOL

Stagdata