orangedognetworks

Network operator seeking CCTV advice

New to the forum, I run a small non-profit community wireless network in rural Gloucestershire, UK. I sometimes get asked for CCTV advice even though I have very little experience in this area. I thought it would be possible to find something off the shelf, but I can't locate anything that meets all these needs for a current enquiry:

- Supports 4 cameras, tilt/pan/zoom would be nice but fixed is OK, must be Wi-Fi connect but mains power is available at each camera location.
- Access via smartphone to view live feeds, selecting each camera separately is OK.
- PC app that can display ALL FOUR camera views simultaneously, implemented on a second monitor so that it's viewable all the time in the office.
- Customer is a farmer wanting to check on livestock inside his barns, so on a bit of a budget.

Seems like WiFi/smartphone connect is available everywhere, but the PC spilt screen thing is a relic of the the DVR era that's only available on wired systems. I may be looking at this completely incorrectly though! Any advice on the best forum to look for advice on this?

Thanks!

Hi. Are all 4 cameras at the same location?

lots of farmers in uk are looking for the same solution  ….. we are playing with a full standalone camera at the moment ……. HD ….. 7 month battery time…… night vision…… over 4g network

Cameras would be in a run of linked, open barns with mains power available. Should easily be able to get WiFi coverage from one access point. It’s the live view split-screen aspect that’s harder to solve. Been playing with Netvue cameras as they’re cheap enough, but they don’t offer all the features I’m looking for. 
Should I move this discussion to one of the sub forums?

Thanks @tomcctv I didn't realise that NVRs were a category of their own, and indeed there are many models out there with Wi-Fi connect for cameras. Now that you've put me on the right track, I'll do a bunch more Googling and raise any further questions in the IP Cameras/NVR sub-group.

Hi. Wi-Fi systems are just toys and never work right plus go out of date quick

for the distance your talking about standard iP cameras are better either wired or use existing mains power supply at each location and turn that into a data signal