Toshiro

Artificial Intelligence  system to automatically ID risks

Hi,  has anyone used any Artificial Intelligence systems to ID risks? We have 4 business buildings and we simply don't have people to monitor cameras 24/7 . We want to get an alert when certain risks happen in our buildings and want these to be automatically detected examples are:

- people entering wrong areas

- vehicles entering wrong areas

- people standing too close to certain machines

- people not wearing the right safety gear ie hard hats etc. 

any help is much appreciated

Toshiro

13 hours ago, Toshiro said:

Artificial Intelligence systems to ID risks? 

We want to get an alert when certain risks happen in our buildings and want these to be automatically detected examples are:

- people entering wrong areas

- vehicles entering wrong areas

- people standing too close to certain machines

- people not wearing the right safety gear ie hard hats etc. 

I know both Hikvision and Dahua have all these AI capabilities in their high end models,

People/vehicles in wrong areas is easy with standard line crossing or in area detection. The $150 - 300 price mark cameras.

Standing too close to machines is a difficult one... the camera would use the same as above (line cross or in a box) but I would be weary of false alarms. I'd have to see a picture of the area first. Might be advisable for an IR beam detector and that connected to the camera.

Wearing PPE is limited to the high end stuff that Dahua/Hik makes. I have seen a Dahua demonstration but not a Hikvision one.

The companies are competitors to each other so I presume Hikvision has similar to Dahua.

Given that Dahua has it, I presume non-Chinese companies like Axis and Avigilon will have similar (at least soon).

There is a Ban in the United states on Dahua/Hikvision for government use and I think it expands to installation by installers. For now end users can use it.