Sign in to follow this  
Savatreatabvr

LOREX POE Camera rj45 Pinout 4 Wires or 6 Wires?

I have an older SWANN 8580 series HD 4k 8 channel POE camera system that uses 4 wires out of the 8 wires in an cat5e ethernet cable per camera. I have 4 cameras using two cables, one camera on one cable uses white/orange, orange, white/green & green, the other camera uses blue, white/blue, white/brown & brown on the same cable, the same configuration for all 4 cameras. Main reason for using this configuration is because 7 cat5e cables wouldn't fit in an underground pipe that the cables have to run through so I ended up using only 5 cat5e cables for 7 cameras, follow me so far? My predicament is, I think my new LOREX Nocturnal 4K 16-Channel POE Wired NVR cameras System uses 6 wires out of the 8 wires in a cat6 ethernet cable which means I can't run two cameras off of one cat6 ethernet cable which means I'm back at the original problem of having to many cables to stuff in the underground pipe. I know, kinda confusing. I've contacted LOREX customer and technical support but nobody knew anything. Is there a website that has pinout diagrams of LOREX POE camera rj45 connectors or is there a member out there willing to share this very valuable knowledge?

3 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Even your old Swann was not connected right surprised it worked

it’s going to be much easier to use a switch 

1cat5 4 cameras 

You are right but LOREX doesn't sell a 4 port switch anymore plus don't switches require an external power supply?

Hi amazon sells Poe switches and yes there powered but by using a switch you will be only using 1 cat5 the other can be used to power switch

lorex switches are sold under the dahua name …… dahua owns lorex but expensive amazon is best place and we use BV tech ones all the time

https://www.amazon.com/BV-Tech-Gigabit-Switch-Uplink-Function/dp/B08MWYZMLW/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=2B4E2MY0STIUO&keywords=poe+switch+BV+tech&qid=1644021088&sprefix=poe+switch+bv+tech%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-8

23 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi amazon sells Poe switches and yes there powered but by using a switch you will be only using 1 cat5 the other can be used to power switch

lorex switches are sold under the dahua name …… dahua owns lorex but expensive amazon is best place and we use BV tech ones all the time

https://www.amazon.com/BV-Tech-Gigabit-Switch-Uplink-Function/dp/B08MWYZMLW/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=2B4E2MY0STIUO&keywords=poe+switch+BV+tech&qid=1644021088&sprefix=poe+switch+bv+tech%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-8

So the switch isn't actually connected to the NVR by ethernet cable? It's connected to the router by ethernet cable then connects to the NVR by WIFI?