Sign in to follow this  
UpIn

AHD Analogue Camera Motion sensor

Good day, I began installing CCTV cameras 3months ago and there is one thing I haven't noticed the function all this while which is a motion sensor around a green-like item around the IR LED. So I decided to test it out to see how accurate it is to help reduce storage consumption since it will only record whenever it detects motion but what I found out was not exactly my expectation. I set up my DVR with HDD and a Camera. Initially without recording the storage capacity is 111.8GB while the Rest capacity is 110.9GB so after setting up motion detection on my DVR I then connect a CCTV camera to face the wall where no motion is detected and I start the recording for 30mins. To my surprise, after recording without motion detection the Rest capacity has dropped to 110.5GB.  To confirm what is going on I focused the camera on the motion area where movement is and start recording for 30mins I also noticed that the Rest capacity of the HDD has dropped from 110,5GB to 109.6GB. The way I understand how PIR or motion sensor works is that the system becomes active whenever there is movement and deactivate whenever there is no movement but the way this function it keeps recording whether there is movement or not an this will involve unnecessary footage recording and HDD space consumption. Please is there anyone who can explain to me how the motion sensor in the CCTV camera works? Thanks

For CCTV forum.pdf

For CCTV  forum_Page_4.png

Edited by UpIn
not neccessary

Hi. That is very minimal data use

A dvr or nvr is not the same as a pc hard drive as in a pc will stop and start when writing to it 

a dvr or nvr hard drive is constantly always writing file / date/ time  so it’s normal to see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. So if I get you right, once a DVR or NVR is turned on and a hard drive is connected to it keep writing file/date/time even when no camera is connected to it?

On 2/27/2022 at 4:05 PM, UpIn said:

Good day, I began installing CCTV cameras 3months ago and there is one thing I haven't noticed the function all this while which is a motion sensor around a green-like item around the IR LED. So I decided to test it out to see how accurate it is to help reduce storage consumption since it will only record whenever it detects motion but what I found out was not exactly my expectation. I set up my DVR with HDD and a Camera. Initially without recording the storage capacity is 111.8GB while the Rest capacity is 110.9GB so after setting up motion detection on my DVR I then connect a CCTV camera to face the wall where no motion is detected and I start the recording for 30mins. Shockingly, subsequent to recording without movement identification the Rest limit has dropped to 110.5GB. To affirm what is happening I centered the camera around the movement region where you can  pay someone to do programming assignment  https://www.aussiessay.com/programming-assignment-help/ is and begin recording for 30mins I likewise saw that the Rest limit of the HDD has dropped from 110,5GB to 109.6GB. The manner in which I comprehend how PIR or movement sensor functions is that the framework becomes dynamic at whatever point there is development and deactivate at whatever point there is no development except for the way this capability it continues to record regardless of whether there is development a this will include superfluous film recording and HDD space utilization. Please is there anyone who can explain to me how the motion sensor in the CCTV camera works? Thanks

For CCTV forum.pdf

For CCTV  forum_Page_4.png

Basic motion detection is not good. Nobody uses it. If you use line crossing and intrusion detection ("smart events") and spend a little time tweaking them, you will be happy.