Joseph P

Hikvision duhua Ban? Best all around dvr nvr manufacturer

Hello!

I currently have 10 properties that are all hardwired with ip or analog systems. Out of those 10 properties 5 of them are all currently using hikvision dvrs. I have never had an issue with hikvision. I am currently working on a setup to remotely view all properties from a central Hub. If all systems were the same manufacturer and use the same software that would be ideal.

1. does the current hikvision duhua ban stop all sales to private owned individuals like my self or just government agencies and what not.

2. If I will be  prevented from buying hikvision in the future What's the next best system with great remote viewing capabilities??

3. If hikvision is not banned for private sales where can I buy at the moment from a authorized dealer? My go to has been B&H photo but they have no stock. 

thanks a million!

8 hours ago, Joseph P said:

1. does the current hikvision duhua ban stop all sales to private owned individuals like my self or just government agencies and what not.

hi. The ban makes no sense as it did not protect the home or none government commercial installs 

they just did not want government sector being watched by China ….. but it seemed ok for the Public to still buy and install in homes and businesses and still be monitored by China 

big investigation going on in the uk on footage given to world press from China of a camera in uk government building so it’s still going on with hikvision yet does not protect the public in there homes or businesses 

hikvison is over priced mass produced only because the diy er thinks it the best on the market ….. till they try another brand

dahua is a slightly different situation… still owned by China government and did have same hik problems in 2014 ….. problem with there ban is how the equipment is made and who by………. Lorex is a trading name for dahua  (2014) and now 100% owned by dahua (2018) but no ban

but yes can still buy and use it…… but think long term

are your properties homes or businesses and how many cameras at each