J Field

Convert a DVR?

Hi. Your link is a bullet camera this means camera position can be moved easily by anyone. And also a bit expensive 

this is a much better camera and works with the dvr link I sent you …… camera has more functions than your link and you can get two for the same price as the one in your link

https://www.amazon.com/R-Tech-Vision-Analog-Outdoor-Camera/dp/B08FNYY2LP/ref=mp_s_a_1_26?crid=34MISR2BWANBT&keywords=5mp+security+camera+coax&qid=1649241198&sprefix=5mp+security+camera+coax%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-26

1 hour ago, J Field said:

I think it's the connectors that the handyman was talking about.  The current old cameras have 3 connectors, where as the Anlapus has 2 and can't replace the other cameras.

There is only two ways a camera needs 3 connectors 

first …… your existing cameras also have audio 

second……. Which is probably what your handyman is seeing  is a connector BNC and another connector for positive + side of power and another connector for negative - side of power making it 3 connectors

can you post pictures on back of dvr

Hi Tom,

That is a much better camera and price too!!  :)   Thank you!   I don't know how you find this stuff so fast. I spent hours yesterday and I couldn't find anything lower in price.  Go figure!!  lol

It's impossible to get a picture of the back of the dvr.  He mounted it to the side of the computer hutch.  Only space and place it could go!  He'll be here next Wed. and I can have him take it down or something.  That's the best I can do with getting a pic.  <sigh>  

I don't know anything about it having audio. If it has audio, nobody ever told me!!    

Does this mean that the dvr you found won't work b-cuz of this 3 connector issue?  Don't they make converters or ??? for this stuff?   I betcha you are laughing at me now!!  <gulp> Time to get some chores done. I'll check back in a bit!

Have a good day!!!      

Hi Tom,

That is a much better camera and price too!!  :)   Thank you!   I don't know how you find this stuff so fast. I spent hours yesterday and I couldn't find anything lower in price.  Go figure!!  lol

It's impossible to get a picture of the back of the dvr.  He mounted it to the side of the computer hutch.  Only space and place it could go!  He'll be here next Wed. and I can have him take it down or something.  That's the best I can do with getting a pic.  <sigh>  

I don't know anything about it having audio. If it has audio, nobody ever told me!!    

Does this mean that the dvr you found won't work b-cuz of this 3 connector issue?  Don't they make converters or ??? for this stuff?   I betcha you are laughing at me now!!  <gulp> Time to get some chores done. I'll check back in a bit!

Have a good day!!!      

Hi,

I said it was impossible to get a pic of the back, so I took 2 side pics.  I can't send them b-cuz they aren't the right size and I have no idea how to make them smaller! I'm sorry!!  :(  I tried!!  

So does this mean that the dvr you found won't work b-cuz of the 3 connector issue?  The person that originally installed this system has passed.  The handyman doesn't know much about this equipment, so I feel like a stuck duck!   I really appreciate all your time and help.  I'm sorry to keep bothering you! 

Thank you Tom!

2 hours ago, J Field said:

So does this mean that the dvr you found won't work b-cuz of the 3 connector issue? 

Hi I don’t think you have 3 connectors I think your counting coax and two for power 

which technically is only two connectors

your first post shows a dvr …. So it uses BNC connector 

mid you look at the back of your unit you should see 4 coax cables ?

also your system should have a power supply to power the cameras somewhere at your recorder location 

Hi,

I sent you the model # only, of the dvr.  The cameras have red, yellow and green connectors. (The Anlapus has red and yellow.)   There is no mention of audio in the pamphlet.)     

The video output: HD-SDI: SMA connector CVBS:BNC connector.  Model # GW-51HDSDI, of the cameras.  I have no idea if that even helps you?!  

There are 4 cables in a row and have a mark on them 1-4. 

I wish I knew how to shrink pictures, on this, but I'm not sure that this computer has a program that can even do that.  (We have a dinosaur system.)   :)        

Hi Tom,

Why is it that some cameras have green connectors and others don't?  

Hi SDI has yellow for SDI video red plug is power and green is also video but for CVBS ( standard analog) mainly used for setting up camera with a standard test monitor as SDI are not compatible with test equipment

Hi, I'm a newby here.  I've read this thread. If your handyman is proficient at soldering he can do what I did when changing plugs. He can reconnect plugs to existing cables.  My reconnected plugs work just fine.

7 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi SDI has yellow for SDI video red plug is power and green is also video but for CVBS ( standard analog) mainly used for setting up camera with a standard test monitor as SDI are not compatible with test equipment

Hi Tom,

I feel like the middle man here with my next questions!  The Handyman wants to know if any extra connectors or ??  will be needed OR is it just a matter of disconnecting the old dvr and cameras and swapping them with the new ones?  Will all the current power supplies etc work the same as they are now?   I want to have everything necessary for the change.  If I don't, then it will be another 2 weeks before he'll be back  Oh, the dome camera doesn't have a green connector, but it has a 3rd connector, which is black.  I'm guessing it will work just fine, even if it's not green!   The Handyman doesn't know much about surveillance systems, but he can swap it out.   

Thank you very much for everything.  I really appreciate your time and so does the Handyman!!  :)  

Thank you for being there Tom!!!  

7 hours ago, Emellish said:

Hi, I'm a newby here.  I've read this thread. If your handyman is proficient at soldering he can do what I did when changing plugs. He can reconnect plugs to existing cables.  My reconnected plugs work just fine.

Hi,

Nope, the Handyman doesn't do soldering!  Thanks.

8 hours ago, Emellish said:

56 minutes ago, J Field said:

Hi,

Nope, the Handyman doesn't do soldering!  Thanks.

that’s good he does not do soldering as it’s not good practice with cctv

The Handyman wants to know if any extra connectors or ??  will be needed OR is it just a matter of disconnecting the old dvr and cameras and swapping them with the new ones?  Will all the current power supplies etc work the same as they are now?

Hi yes they will work ….. yellow plug on new cameras plugs into yellow connectors 

red is camera power  and ignor the green

Hi Tom!

It's all set up!!!  :)    It went smoothly and with the new dvr, NO more loud fan noises!! :)  :)  The cameras are great too!   Great video pics.   :)   

Looking forward to seeing night time pics too!

Thank you for being there for everyone and especially us old folks!   :classic_biggrin:

I really appreciate all your time. 

Thank You!!!    

Hi Tom!

It's all set up!!!  :)    It went smoothly and with the new dvr, NO more loud fan noises!! :)  :)  The cameras are great too!   Great video pics.   :)   

Thank you for being there for everyone and especially us old folks!   :classic_biggrin:

Thank You!!!    

• Thanks 1

Hi Tom!

Thank You!!!    

Hi not a problem ….. it’s nice to see people getting good equipment and a reliable system for there hard earned money

that system will even get better as you learn it

well done you and your handyman for doing homework

Hi Tom,

I see a blinking battery icon, on one of the cameras.  That can't be good, since it's brand new!   We didn't notice it yesterday, when it was day light.  

In the past there has always been a manual or pamphlet or something for trouble shooting etc.  This came with a small piece of paper about regulatory

information.  Yippie skippie!  That's about as helpful as a rock!    Also the mouse is constantly flickering.  Is it sensing the blinking battery icon or is it a nervous mouse?  

j/k.   

I'm sorry to bother you again.   

Hi Tom,

I see a blinking battery icon, on one of the cameras.  That can't be good, since it's brand new!   We didn't notice it yesterday, when it was day light.  

In the past there has always been a manual or pamphlet or something for trouble shooting etc.  This came with a small piece of paper about regulatory

information.  Yippie skippie!  That's about as helpful as a rock!    Also the mouse is constantly flickering.  Is it sensing the blinking battery icon or is it a nervous mouse?  

j/k.   

I'm sorry to bother you again.