Sign in to follow this  
CarlMarx

Neighbor filmed my private guest with his camera

Don't know which thread to refer this question to. The thing is that my neighbor installed a CCTV camera in his yard that was evidently facing my yard. Thing like happened here already with other forum dwellers. But! In my case the neighbor seem to have accidentially filmed my guest who was, unfortunately, a married woman from a dating site. Her husband, as I found out much later, is a polititician, and the neighbor is hinting on something to 'disclose' unless I do some 'favor' to him. What do I do in this case? I am originally not a U.S. citizen, so in my country evidence like this is not taken into account by the court of law. What happens here? And secondly, reputational risks. How to stop the blackmailer? Even if he doesn't prove anything in court he can ruin at least two lives with that because of publicity and media coverage. Need your advice desperately.

1 hour ago, CarlMarx said:

and the neighbor is hinting on something to 'disclose' unless I do some 'favor' to him. 

o_O. I think you must talk to a lawyer. I know people sometimes can act real jerks. Some guys here were also asking about risk of hidden cameras in hotels etc. Those hidden cameras are totally illegal, I think, but I don't know what to do with it.

Difficult case. And I also insist on a good lawyer who can keep matters private. If a politician learns about her affair with you, he can as well ruin your own life. But the woman is a kind of sport, too. So when exactly did she tell you she was married to a public figure? What a trouble really. You should have used this help for dating. And in future please do not date married women any more. As you can see the game it absolutely not worth the candle.

I suggest you understand the main thing - you have not committed any crime. You didn't know that this woman from a dating site is someone's wife. If you knew, I'm sure you would stop communicating with her. I recommend you a good law firm "Brander Smith McKnight Lawyers" and a link to their page https://bsmlaw.com.au/. Call them now and ask how they could help you. The husband of this woman, being a politician, has no right to drive himself like that. I am sure if he finds out that you have turned to professional lawyers, he will stop threatening you.