Sign in to follow this  
DJM911

HIK Vision - Networking Issues

Had a local installer fit two non ColourVu cameras (front & side) and one ColourVu to the rear of my property, with a DVR in my attic and connected to the house internet via a pair of PowerLine Adapters.

When I view the camera while on the home WiFi network I don’t seem to have many issues of loading or smooth browsing (the odd glitch but manageable), however when I try to link to view live stream via my mobile network both 4G and 5G or on a different WiFi network it’s very hard to load and playback is start stop. I also get a lot of Connection Failed, Reconnecting messages on the camera feed on my app.

I am using a brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max 256GB device with the HIK-Connect app, my home broadband is 527mbps download speed to the BT Smart Hub and when I ran a speed test in the attic on my laptop while plugged into the PowerLine Adapters I achieve 23mbps download speed and 13mbps upload speed.

Installer did call back and tried resetting the PowerLine Adapters, but no improvement. The PowerLine Adapters are connected to port one of my BT Hub, and all ports are a 1gbps port on my Hub. I’ve had BT review everything and they don’t see any issues. 

What else can I try here? Do I need to review replacing the DVR, do I need to review having a hard line direct from the BT Hub Router to the attic for the DVR installed? 

I had a Lorex system in my last house at half the price of HIK Vision, and to be honest it was a far easier, quicker and smoother system to use. Do I need to review removing HIK Vision for another brand system?

Sorry if this is posted in wrong thread. New to the site.

Thanks in advance for support!

Hi …as you can see looking in history of forum … I hate hikvision  ….. cameras are ok but recorders and there app are useless…. to old and to much information collecting 

do you know the make of your power line addaptors and data transfer rate …

are you using a hi-view recorder ?

On 5/18/2022 at 9:52 AM, tomcctv said:

Hi …as you can see looking in history of forum … I hate hikvision  ….. cameras are ok but recorders and there app are useless…. to old and to much information collecting 

do you know the make of your power line addaptors and data transfer rate …

are you using a hi-view recorder ?

Well, that is your question. It is very good because usually all the people have this kind of problem. So we suggest you come to UrbanClap and get the solution to your saree problem on it.