oaptrish

Please help me to install my cctv equipment

Hi

I wasn't sure if I should put my thread here or on the other one.

As my user name suggests I am not a youngster and have none of the high tech skills of the younger generation and would appreciate any help you can give me please.

I have cctv equipment and have managed to get so far with installing it but I don’t know how to connect up the DVR, the TV and the PC and make it all work together as it used to.

It was all working at one time and had been installed by my late husband but it all got disconnected and the instructions have been lost.

I can try to post pictures if that helps, can you help me with this please.

Trish

I have taken some pictures [and I am having lots of problems posting them] of the cctv equipment I am trying to use,  it is a Zeus 8, Apollo HD series, can you tell me how to connect up the DVR, the TV and the PC and make it all work together as it used to please.

trish (3).JPG

trish (5).JPG

Hi on your first two pictures ….. you connect VGA on back of recorder to VGA marked on back of tv. 

to get your unit to talk with your pc ….. first you need to get your system up and running first as the software for your pc is taken from your dvr once all up and running

remote viewing is done by an app called explorer which is found on apple store or play store

• Like 1

I have connected the VGA on the back of the recorder to the VGA marked on the back of the tv and the cable from the cctv camera, but I cannot get a picture on the TV screen, pictures attached.

trish (1) - Copy.JPG

trish (3) - Copy.JPG

trish (4) - Copy.JPG

Hi. On your tv remote controls you should have a source button . Which will switch your tv to 

TV -HDMI 1 -HDMI 2- SCART- or VGA (can also be called pc)

seeifyou get a image then

• Like 1

Ah! thank you, I found the source button and have a picture now, but there is no sound or time date showing

A 'system login' has just appeared after a few minutes on the screen, it asks for a password but I don't have it if there ever was one.

trish cctv - Copy.JPG

Sorry! I am not very good at this, I just clicked cancel and the message went, but I still cannot get the sound.

Ok. Now you need coax from the recorder (bnc connection) marked as   A  on the back next to mic input and connect other end to the red audio in on the back of your tv 

we’re are you located

• Thanks 1

Okay, fantastic! I have sound now, thank you,...

How can I copy/download [not sure of the term] the video and sound from the recorder onto my pc desk top please.

Hi. You will need to run a network cable from your dvr to your router 

then you need to switch off your recorder after you have connected the cable

switch back on ….. right click on your dvr screen to get to menu ….. half way down you will see guide ….. follow the instructions 

• Like 1

Cough!.. now it is getting a bit complicated, is a net work cable the same as the cables used for the cameras to the dvr? and is this the router in the picture below please.

trish cctv.JPG

Hi in your picture of the router you are looking for a cable the same as the yellow one ..that will plug into the router then your dvr

it’s looks like your on cable internet (something like virgin) is it activated

• Thanks 1

That sounds more simple to me ha ha, I saw a yellow cable somewhere,

Yes on virgin,.. activated? .. it works my pc if that is what you mean.

I found this double plug thing in the box of bits, is it used to link the dvr to the pc please

trish cctv.JPG

Hi,,,Is there a significance to the cable being yellow, I cannot find a yellow cable but I have found this one below that does physically fit into the router and dvr.

If I was to order one of these cables what is the proper name for it please.

trish cctv.JPG

Okay, thank you, I am not sure at the moment but it had crossed my mind...it will depend on where everything will go.

Can I use my pc monitor screen in place of my TV screen, as seen in my pictures above, so that I only have one screen that will do both jobs please.