Sign in to follow this  
Teccles28

Corrupt Hard Drive

Hi All. First time poster looking for some advice...

I've had a fairly old Floureon CCTV system for a while and has been working fine, but recently I caught the box as it was running with my leg on accident and hasn't been working. The hard drive when plugged in keeps crashing in a loop and not booting the system up, which leads me to believe I've corrupted the hard drive as it was spinning (Not my finest hour!).

Is there anyway I can get a new HDD for the system and install the firmware/software onto it and if so, does anyone know where I can find it? I've added some info below that may be useful -

Model - Floureon D2004H, H.264

Motherboard Chip information - Hi3515, CRQCV100, CP1351419

Kind Regards,

Tom

Hi. The floureon does not hold any operating system on the hard drive ….. it will run without a hard drive fitted …… just means you have no footage backup

so your best option is to remove existing hard drive and then see if it boots up

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I've tried to boot it up without it attached and it's still not working! When plugged in, the red light on the motherboard and the power light at the front keep flashing on and off, like it's trying to boot up but it keeps crashing in an infinite loop.

Perhaps this could be a faulty motherboard instead?

Thanks, Tom

Hi. Next thing to look at it the units power supply

i think it’s a 12v 2amp that runs that system 

do you have a multi meter 

Yes I do have a multimeter, although it's been so long since I've used one I'll have to know what I'm looking for!

And you're correct, it's a 12V 2A that runs the box