Sign in to follow this  
Fpchief

Dc adapter waterproofing

Hi, first time posting. I have a swann system and have 8 blink cameras also and they do well. I just put up a 30' pole that I am running power to....I am putting starlink up top and a dipole ham antenna. Below rhat will be a couple of LED security lights and then below that I plan on putting three reolink 511 cameras up, unless someone gives me a better idea on cameras. They need to see maybe 200 yds max. 

My issue is that the cameras all run off a dc adapter and I am concerned about adequately waterproofing them. I have to rent a lift and all, what to do this right the first time!!!! Thanks for any help. 

Kip

12 minutes ago, Fpchief said:

I plan on putting three reolink 511 cameras up, unless someone gives me a better idea on cameras.

Hi. The 511 was discontinued beginning of the year and was not very reliable

Also if your installing at height you want something reliable 

what are you going power adapter instead of the POE option 

I don't have room in conduit I put in for anything other than romex 12/2 and the starlink cable. Has to be a wifi camera. This is about 60 yds from my house. So I will have power going up the pole anyway. What camera would you suggest if not the reolink? I am novice and open to suggestions!!!! On the power. I could put a waterproof jbox up there but concerned about heat from 2 or 3 dc adapters being stuffed in there. 

Trying to send pics but too large. Just a 10" diameter 30' telephone pole.  Power coming out of pvc from the bottom. 

Hi can you post some pictures….. some homework needs to be done … one problem I see already is Wi-Fi camera at same location as Ham

how many cameras are you looking to put on pole