Sign in to follow this  
rubsmong

UNBRICK DAHUA DSS7016D-H - Server

Hi memebers, need some help - bought a Dahua General Surveillance System that came with corrupt firmware and no help from the dealer. I managed to sucessfuly upgrade the firmware through general config tool with General_DSS_Eng_Basic_V6.08.000.R.20170713 - BIN file. Stupid me thought of even upgrading further to a more recent firmware - so i injected General_OverseasDSS7016S2_Eng_Basic_V8.000.0000004.0.R.20211230 BIN file and after a reboot got stuck at "standard 3.5 inch corporate-level SATA port 1TB system disk (or same-type HDD) plug into slot 1 in the upper left....."

I have used another new 1TB hard-disk slotted in slot 1 as advised but no response. Trying to roll back the upgrade via general config tool gives an upgrade error - device is disconnected and the server reboots.

Any help wuld be appreciated

error 1.jpg

error 2.jpg

error 3.jpg

error 4.jpg

Hi did you buy this unit secondhand ?

this is the first generation server trying to upgrade by 5 years ….. (2016 for H server) is going to kill the system also did you use the right regional software ?

Bought it new from a local Dahua dealer in Nairobi Kenya - it was boxed and all looked very new. They were the only ones stocking so i kinda had no choice. I used the general overseas firmware (General_OverseasDSS7016S2_Eng_Basic_V8.000.0000004.0.R.20211230.bin) - guess you are right because when i upgraded with the 2017 firmware i.e. General_DSS_Eng_Basic_V6.08.000.R.20170713 it worked. Hoping to get a solution or a way to roll back to the 2016 firmware

8 hours ago, rubsmong said:

Bought it new from a local Dahua dealer in Nairobi Kenya - it was boxed and all looked very new.

I have had an email from dahua for you ….. first there not a dahua distributor 

also asked why you never returned the unit 

$5.000 is a lot of money for you to break the warranty 

your 2016 server was replaced in 2018 any software after that date will not run on the 2016/17 server

2018 server software has a completely different lynx software than the 2016 basically no firmware will attach until you have server re flashed …… and only dahua or fully authorised dahua agent can do that for you. 
they don’t send the software out …. It is return server only ……. Cost just under 2k

Thanks Tom.... i have followed up the issue locally - apparently the sellers distributorship contract with Dahua was terminated but he was not honest enough to disclose this - been buying from them for years. 

I actually carried the unit back with little help after around 2-weeks and opted to just try and sort myself out.

Currently in touch with local genuine dahua support (didnt even know they exist been sorting myself from web research whenever av encountred problems) - hope to get it sorted.

Thanks again

15 minutes ago, rubsmong said:

Currently in touch with local genuine dahua support (didnt even know they exist

Hi. There is no local dahua support by you 

your unit has to go to dahua Morocco
you can’t download the 18 software from the internet …… dahua or any other manufacturer is going to give away there core software …. Remember we are not talking about firmware …. Which is available 

(core ) the operating system can only be installed by dahua …… so you need to send it to Morocco

5 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. There is no local dahua support by you 

your unit has to go to dahua Morocco
you can’t download the 18 software from the internet …… dahua or any other manufacturer is going to give away there core software …. Remember we are not talking about firmware …. Which is available 

(core ) the operating system can only be installed by dahua …… so you need to send it to Morocco

Oh dear Lord!! Wtf ....... am finished - completely. Its extremely very annoying for Dahua to sell us products for years but invest zero in support..... how do even start

1 hour ago, rubsmong said:

extremely very annoying for Dahua to sell us products for years but invest zero in support..... how do even start

Something is not right about your post 

server came with bad software?

2016 to 2018 is the software yours has on it 

so you must of bought the unit either 4 years ago or 7 years ago

if only just bought by your local dahua supplier….. then take it back…… $5000is a lot of money  …… why have you not gone that option ?

but I don’t see why dahua support is to blame 

putting 2021 firmware on a old server will render useless 

and dahua has a warning on the server website Don’t go above 2018

7 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Something is not right about your post 

server came with bad software?

2016 to 2018 is the software yours has on it 

so you must of bought the unit either 4 years ago or 7 years ago

if only just bought by your local dahua supplier….. then take it back…… $5000is a lot of money  …… why have you not gone that option ?

but I don’t see why dahua support is to blame 

putting 2021 firmware on a old server will render useless 

and dahua has a warning on the server website Don’t go above 2018

Ok