Skolp

HIKVISION NVR Remote Playback problem

Hi

I have a problem with remote playback on NVR HIKVISION DS-7108NI-Q1/8P in iVMS 4200 and Hikconect. When I start the playback, the timeline is loaded and the video can be played back. The problem is that the playback is horribly slow even at normal speed (the liveview sometimes slows down too but usually only for a fraction of a second). A minute segment just plays for even 2 minutes. Every few seconds it gets stuck for a second. Especially it happens during the day, at night it's not that bad.

The NVR has a WD RED HDD, 5200 RPM. Personally, I believe the problem is in it. Is there any solution to my problem?

The network is fine, the network elements are supposed to handle up to 1 Gbps

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Skolp said:

WD RED HDD, 5200 RPM

Hi. The drive is your problem …… 5200vs 7200

5200 will slow your playback down a lot 

look for a WD purple 7200 hard drive 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. The drive is your problem …… 5200vs 7200

5200 will slow your playback down a lot 

look for a WD purple 7200 hard drive 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately in my country I am only able to get WD Purple 7200 RPM from 8 TB upwards, while NVR only supports 6 TB drive as far as I know.

Can it be used with similar result of WD GOLD? Or will the NVR 2 TB extra not matter, just won't be able to use it?

Thanks

Just to be sure. With a 7200 RPM HDD will I be able to playback, within reason, smoothly even with accelerated playback, say, 4 times, 8 times without much hitch?

It's the first camera system I've managed in this way. Although I think your answer is correct, I want to be sure. I'm already under pressure this way because of the remote playback issues and if this doesn't solve that, I would no longer have confidence.

Thank you for your time

12 hours ago, Skolp said:

I'm already under pressure this way because of the remote playback issues and if this doesn't solve that, I would no longer have confidence.

listen we all learn everyday to grow confidence never let it beet you

ask as many questions as you like. That’s what the forum is for and you will fix your problem

Hi. This is your first path to fix the issue 

mill explain ….. 5200 is a lot slower drive than 7200 …… your recorder is supposed to have a 7200 speed hard drive 

unlike a pc we’re you can use a 5200 or 7200 the files are usually small 

your recorder needs the 7200 first for the speed in which it writes 

slow 5200 for read and write is too slow and should not be used in anything other than a pc or pc based recorder

so basically your using the wrong hard drive

it might not drastically improve your system but will make it quicker 

also are you using a nvr with Poe ?

and do you have both the nvr and the cameras set to h265 (this will also up your speed

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

listen we all learn everyday to grow confidence never let it beet you

ask as many questions as you like. That’s what the forum is for and you will fix your problem

Hi. This is your first path to fix the issue 

mill explain ….. 5200 is a lot slower drive than 7200 …… your recorder is supposed to have a 7200 speed hard drive 

unlike a pc we’re you can use a 5200 or 7200 the files are usually small 

your recorder needs the 7200 first for the speed in which it writes 

slow 5200 for read and write is too slow and should not be used in anything other than a pc or pc based recorder

so basically your using the wrong hard drive

it might not drastically improve your system but will make it quicker 

also are you using a nvr with Poe ?

and do you have both the nvr and the cameras set to h265 (this will also up your speed

The system is running practicly smoothly,  NVR record without any problem. The problem occurs when I want to play the record.

Yes, the cameras are connected to PoE from the recorder and, if I remember correctly, the codec is set to H264 (I didn't touch the codec settings, as the company installed it for us, so it runs without much change).

1 hour ago, Skolp said:

The system is running practicly smoothly,  NVR record without any problem. The problem occurs when I want to play the record.

Hi yes this is still your problem 

it will write to the hard drive and playback is fine …… but remotely you are asking to read data from drive 

but you still have to problem of wrong drive the speed is too slow ….. that drive is the wrong one 

if your installers also left it on h264 then it all adds up your installer has no clue about cctv

we stopped using h264 2 years ago 

h265 will also make your system run quicker local and away h265 are smaller files 

we’re are you located

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi yes this is still your problem 

it will write to the hard drive and playback is fine …… but remotely you are asking to read data from drive 

but you still have to problem of wrong drive the speed is too slow ….. that drive is the wrong one 

if your installers also left it on h264 then it all adds up your installer has no clue about cctv

we stopped using h264 2 years ago 

h265 will also make your system run quicker local and away h265 are smaller files 

we’re are you located

Thanks a lot.

I won't get to the system setup until early September. As soon as I get the setup done, I'll let you know how it goes.

The installer understands it, he's just an older gentleman and has just been going through the motions, and apart from the playback issues, the system works perfectly and performs its function as it should after a few really minor tweaks on my part. I'm just going to add a couple of cameras sometime next year and before that I want to make sure there's no playback problem.

Playback has been bothering me for almost a year now and you were the first one who was able to advise me. I've tried a lot, including Hikvision support.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Skolp said:

One little question: in DS-7108NI-Q1 are used 3.5 Inches drives. Right?

Yes

WD Blue 2TB 3.5" SATA  Hard Drive - 7200rpm

• Thanks 1