Need to run CCTV DVR and camera on 12v battery
can I connect the DVR and camera ( both marked as 12v) directly to a charge controller
my issue is when the battery is fully charged the battery/charge controller voltage is 14.4v and when the sun is up  has damaged my DVR during this time.
Connecting to the battery directly works but i have no control over the DVR draining the lead acid battery

Most charge controllers do not output exactly 12v, as you have said.

This is where you would use a 24v solar system and a voltage regulator device set to output 12v.

Using a 12v regulator device on a 12v solar system can be done, but it will turn off if the input voltage drops below a threshold, e.g. 12.5v (refer to the specifications).

The input on these regulators always has to be higher than the output voltage.

Thank you we agree. But we cannot use 24v. is there any other device supply 12v. for example.Car DC 12V 4A Voltage Stabilizer Surge Protector Power Supply Regulator for Auto Truck Vehicle Boat Solar System etc.(DC10-36V Input, DC12V Output)

On 8/12/2022 at 8:27 AM, Joseph Vilvaraj said:

Need to run CCTV DVR and camera on 12v battery
can I connect the DVR and camera ( both marked as 12v) directly to a charge controller
my issue is when the battery is fully charged the battery/charge controller voltage is 14.4v and when the sun is up  has damaged my DVR during this time.
Connecting to the battery directly works but i have no control over the DVR draining the lead acid battery

Did you mean the solar charge controller side. The regulator will be connected to the solar charge controller and the DVR and camera in the output of the regulator. Why 2.5A DVR and 6 cameras could draw about 3A

On 8/14/2022 at 7:30 PM, Joseph Vilvaraj said:

Thank you we agree. But we cannot use 24v. is there any other device supply 12v. for example.

Does the system need to work at night?

A batteries voltage drops as power is drawn from it.

Once the battery goes below 12, the 12v regulator will stop working and your cameras will turn off.

Did you mean the solar charge controller side? The regulator will be connected to the solar charge controller and the DVR and camera in the output of the regulator. Why 2.5A DVR and 6 cameras could draw about 3A

Well spotted. yes, the DVR has to work at night. We have set the load cutoff voltage on the change controller to 12.1v. But worked out and provided one 1-day extra capacity on the battery and I expect to work above 12.2 v on the battery. I still have to test the regulation to see how it will behave when the input( battery ) voltage goes down to 12.1 or 12.2 but not below 12.0v. I do not expect to work below 12v