Sign in to follow this  
DarrenA

Help Resetting a pentabrid xvr501h-16-s2 remove admin password

I bought this system used from a fellow on Facebook rummage, and when I got it there was a "pre-existing" password set for the admin account. We can not seem to figure out what it is, so the unit if effectively locked.

Is there a way to re-initialize the system?

I have tried pulling the onboard battery for about 2 hrs, pulling the HHD deleting all partitions ect... (Per his advice) Still will not let me reset a password.

I am stuck and need help.

Hi. Without knowing your units serial number you have a few choices 

switch off unit for 20 minutes then try each of these passwords

as far as hard drive… there is no partitions 

I would leave it out of your recorder until you have setup a new password …. Then add the hard drive then go into system setup and format the drive from there

I just tried that one also. Still nothing. Just to make sure I am doing this correct. As soon as I get it up and running I try and enter main menu I am asked for the admin password, and in there is where I am trying these. Or is there some place else I am supposed to do these from?

Again thank you for trying to assist me.

Well I contacted savvytech, they told me this unit was sold by another company, but was given there email address. So I reached out to them but as of yet no reply. Why in gods green earth does a damn NVR need frikking impossible security. I mean a danm reset button inside the unit would be nice. press it and Boom factory reset. No need for this crazy security. 

I could KISS you man. (no gay) OMG you saved my butt. Yes I know about the reset button but did not know HOW to use it. and even pressing it really did nothing. I thank you SO much. I was literally loosing my mind on this, and the seller was worried I was going to ask for my money back. I am so happy to have my system running again, I cant thank you enough.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DarrenA said:

North Dakota. Middle of nowhere really, but it home :)

Nice .. I’m British but spent sometime in the middle of nowhere in West Virginia and loved it 

• Like 1

OK one last Question and I think I am done. What iOS software can I use with this DVR so I can access it on my Phone? I have looked at a couple but I am not sure...... Also the QR code on the Device when I scan with my Phone tells me that, that Software /App is not available in my region.....  Not that I really NEED it but it would complete the system for ease of access.

39 minutes ago, DarrenA said:

Again Thank you very much. I will download that and install it to my phone and see if it works. :)

Hi your recorder is made by dahua so anything you need for it always search dahua