Robble

Good wireless ptz ip camera under $500?

I’m looking to get a camera that’ll use my wireless network (i do have a power outlet near camera). Needs  Ptz, 15x+zoom, works with blue iris, great picture, not going to have to reset it often (seems most on amazon have issues).  I’m willing to spend up to $500.

any recommendations?

Hi using wireless just gives problems and most wireless (Wi-Fi) cameras you see now most have 3rd party involvement 

just look for a standard 2mp ptz that you have control of with blue iris 

A poe cam is the biz I know, but if I could run a cable from my house to where I am putting the camera I wouldn’t be asking about wireless. 
I need something with a much better picture than the mass consumer cams like arlo or ring. They can’t even read a license plate at 15’ with their wide angle lenses.

i see lots of cams with great specs on Amazon for under $300 but then you go and read the reviews and you see stuff like “have to climb ladder 2x weekly to reset it” or “loses connection even though it’s 30’ away”.

that’s why I am here asking for recommendations and including a higher budget. Hopefully there is something good and reliable without costing thousands.

7 hours ago, Robble said:

A poe cam is the biz I know, but if I could run a cable from my house to where I am putting the camera I wouldn’t be asking about wireless. 

Again wireless is wasting your money and with you saying you read about going up ladders to rest camera ….. …. You mention ring/ arlo ………. So your looking for a smart camera not a true cctv ptz …… also what else are you running on your blue iris ?

2mp ptz iP camera from dahua or hikvision  will last you longer than a smart camera 

and you said in your first post you all ready have power at location …. Which means you don’t need wireless as the data can be sent down the existing power cable 

6 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Again wireless is wasting your money and with you saying you read about going up ladders to rest camera ….. …. You mention ring/ arlo ………. So your looking for a smart camera not a true cctv ptz …… also what else are you running on your blue iris ?

2mp ptz iP camera from dahua or hikvision  will last you longer than a smart camera 

and you said in your first post you all ready have power at location …. Which means you don’t need wireless as the data can be sent down the existing power cable 

Why do I feel I’m talking to foreign tech support that can’t understand english enough to understand simple requests.

i’ve already stated I can’t run a cable there. As far as powerline transfer that won’t work as it’s not the same electrical supply. A wireless signal is the only way I can connect to a camera there. I already stated i wanted an ip ptz camera. Why you want to dispute me and say I want a consumer product when I said the mass consumer products aren’t good enough?

sorry if I sound frustrated. I’ve been dealing with bad barely english speaking tech supports in the last 24 hours and this is really starting to feel like that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Robble said:

Why do I feel I’m talking to foreign tech support that can’t understand english enough to understand simple requests.

No your just not listening or you don’t want to listen 

Wi-Fi can be transmitted by using a bridge SO NO CABLE TO FEED  but can only be done with iP camera ( which is what you need to use blue iris anyway)

fitted 100s of RTzcameras so I’m sorry I have no experience to give you …. Only been doing it over 35 years …… your right I am not tech support…….. and they know nothing at all

You have not stated iP camera at all ….. you have stated wireless ……. And don’t get mixed up with wireless and Wi-Fi cameras

that will be a very costly mistake 

so as asked earlier how many cameras do you have connected to your blue iris ? It is an important question 

and you will not get a wireless camera to connect to blue iris

I have one camera with blue iris now. I want to add a second. Maybe i didn’t mention ip cam in first post but I did mention blue iris which yourself stated only works with ip cams.

Wireless IP cams that work with blue iris do exist. There are quite a few of them on amazon. Those are what I’ve been talking about. I wonder why you are so against them when you didn’t know they existed.

i don't want it to be wireless for the sake of wireless. I have no other choice for that location.

Post a link of the wireless camera your talking about 

but eliminate the P2P and the QR setup 

also yes wireless cameras exist but cheap and nasty and also use server backup 

and they can not operate on blue iris ….. to move the ptz you need your cell phone

but if you think you can do better than dahua or hikvision for a ptz  and cheaper than your budget ….. post it on here 

“If you think you can do better”

Pretty sure I came in here asking for recommendations for a specific purpose. However all I’ve received is nay saying.

here is an example of the type I want. I just don’t know which ones are going to be reliable as they all have some terrible reviews mixed in with the good ones.

Foscam SD2X 18X Optical Zoom 1080P HD Outdoor PTZ Security Camera, 2.4g/5gHz WiFi IP Surveillance camera,Speed Dome, 165ft Night Vision, IP66, WDR, Built-in Audio, Works with Alexa Google Assistant https://a.co/b061slj

Hi I know what ever I say your not going to agree with …… which is disappointing…. This forum has helped 100s of people from wasting money 

the reason why I asked for a link to type of camera your looking at ….. was to see why we are both so far out of recommendations

$500 for a foscam is a waste of money ….. yes there listed cheaper in other places but remember you also need to buy the Poe seperate 

now blue iris will display that camera only on its lowest resolution settings …… but as stated above in other post you can not control the foscam ptz from the blue iris 

you need the focam app on your cell to move it around 

also remember if not registered with foscam cloud you will have no control over your camera away from your home (local network)

smart cameras and CCTV cameras are completely different systems 

in the cctv industry foscam are toys ….. don’t have a long life before replacement 

for your budget and to have full control with or without internet (on your own network) with no 3rd party cloud then the two I surgested 

2mp dahua or 2mp hikvision ptz are professional grade cameras and both fully work with blue iris and also come with there own vms software and both in your budget

my choice…… 2mp dahua ptz with tp-link network bridge ( this is the Wi-Fi from cam to router) no cables needed as you already have power

this is in your budget ….. read the spec and compare it to the cheap foscam

https://us.dahuasecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Datasheet_LITE_2MP_H265_25x_Network_PTZ_Camera_49225TNI_v001_008.pdf

On 9/25/2022 at 6:36 PM, bobthebob said:

what about reolink cameras.  opinions on those?

With an intuitive app, plenty of customization options, reasonable prices, and reliable equipment – all very crucial factors – we think that overall, Reolink is a great option to consider for home security.

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

3 hours ago, mervechikorr said:

With an intuitive app, plenty of customization options, reasonable prices, and reliable equipment – all very crucial factors – we think that overall, Reolink is a great option to consider for home security.

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Did you just copy paste consumer reports? 😂