Sign in to follow this  
Cbrehm

Camera no network

I live in the country,  No internet except for I phones,  LTE    Have to use outside antenna and booster to get service.

Need cameras with SD cards that can access with our phones.  Too far between cameras to wire.  

Do not  want to have to pull SD card to see.  If our phone is within range we need full access. Prefer  pan tilt   We have power available at all locations. 

So need something that would be its own hotspot without internet.

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi can you give distance between cameras 

up too 450 feet

also do you have cell / mobile reception in the area 

I phones,  LTE    Have to use outside antenna and booster to get service.

how many cameras and your budget
6 cameras max and budget is whatever I need

17 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi with camera distance only being 450

can you not use wired iP cameras and have nvr on a local network 
Can not have overhead wires and do not want to dig trenches (300+ Feet),  Power is already there (installed 20+ years ago underground) and ready. This was    Need camera's that have built in hotspot.   

Red dot will be computer. black dots cameras Wife think she wants one more camera but not sure yet.
As I used Goggle to get this pic, Most of the trees are gone and turned into yard. Have omni directional antenna on silver roof building and underground(in conduit) cable to red dot for wifi. Without we get no phone reception on our phones.
Permanent I phone 6 for hot spot at red dot, USB connection for power and data to computer. Signal from hot spot will not reach but 30' Standard house walls All cameras are outside. Need day/night cameras. Would be nice if we could connect to DDR computer with our phones. The 450' camera is end of dock not shown and assume line on it  Can not run wires to cameras. but will have a dedicated computer to store data on.  
Have power at all camera locations ( we over killed on electrical outlets). Thanks for all the help

house.jpg

Edited by Cbrehm

Hi nice layout you have posted …. You might of been over thinking with your install

instead of cameras with SD cards I would go for a nvr …… SD card could of over written by the time you get to them ……. Also useless if you go away for holiday or weekend

most of your camera placement is on centre building ….. so cat5 wire should not be a problem so that’s 5 cameras done quick

5 cameras to nvr

can you get another cat5 to the top building in your picture as you already have trunking being used ….. if not use your existing network cable with a network switch

the two down by the dock (river) burial cat5 would also do ….. no trench just pick axes a little drench lay cable brush soil back over

so 8 way camera system with viewing from central area …. No need for network also gives you weeks of footage storage

Wife says no more cables.  SO cable is out,  Got to keep the peace after 45 years. 
Will install computer with software  What I need is wireless IP camera options and antenna

Power is available at all camera locations. 

2 hours ago, Cbrehm said:

Wife says no more cables.  SO cable is out,  Got to keep the peace after 45 years. 
Will install computer with software  What I need is wireless IP camera options and antenna

Power is available at all camera locations. 

hi then this will give you other problems

using pc will need a local network setup and always best to use software that comes with a wireless system 

wireless cameras:::

90% of wireless cameras on setup need to be registered before they even work and most need to be connected to the internet especially the cheap ones

if you forget about using a pc and use a nvr you will find it cheaper…… take a look at the lorex wireless nvr system you can mix wireless and wired plus they have a kit called fusion for wireless extension helps with camera distance …. Because that’s also going to be a problem with the distance on some of your locations in your picture

the lorex can work with no network involvement…. Going pc option your going to spend a lot more on setting up a local LAN with having to buy a few bridging units something like nano 

keeping the peace after 45 years won’t last long if you waste a lot on money and something that only lasts a few years