Sign in to follow this  
SkepticTank

Missing woman Kirsten Brueggeman last seen on CCTV “glitch” — is this time jump normal?

I don’t know if this is the right forum to post in, but I figured I might as well try anyways. 

I was watching an episode of Disappeared and it was about a woman, Kirsten Brueggeman, from Indiana. The last time she was seen was on surveillance video at 2:00:18 a.m. 

Unfortunately, the video is missing a half hour of time and jumps to 2:30:41am. At that point, she is gone and never to be seen again.

The detective calls it an “unfortunate glitch,” which it very well could be. However, I thought it was weird and too convenient. It’s odd to me to see an entire half hour missing like that — it’s not even an *exact* half hour. 

I’m sorry there isn’t any other information that I can add. I know that if there were info about the  surveillance camera that was used would be helpful, but this is all they showed.

All that being said, is this normal? It’s such an odd time jump. I know that glitches happen, but do videos that have been stitched together. I feel like it was glossed over by the detective and just wanted some opinions about whether or not these kinds of “glitches” happen offen. 

Here is the video.  It is an Imgur link so make sure your sound is on. Let me know your thoughts!

Hi …. This is very normal with cctv.

infact it helps the police ….. it would of also shown someone else or a car in that area if a person or car went past

what your looking at in the video is motion detection with pre and post operating…… it saves on disk space and also only records the motion detection area 

the original footage will also have a signature/ watermark embedded into the video which will tell the police the video settings at the time with onboard clock ….. all systems have it

my concern about the video is ……. Cctv is a information collector…. It’s puts together a story from main camera to others around the area even if a mile away 

but no one has talked about the car that disappeared……. It activates the motion detection 2.30 am as it leaves ….. can see the car top left (break lights) so more video is needed before 2am to see when that car entered that area (could of been sitting there for a while) but what is needed now is video from area of the car …. At that time of night not many cars on the road  so should not of been that difficult with a start time line of 2.30 am

but unfortunately police don’t investigate to where it’s takes there man power up 

I don’t know when this was but important cctv will now be lost from other systems

also I was involved in a drive by shooting 2years ago when we was asked to download video of we’re they abandoned the car …. Did not show much …. Just them looking for a quiet place to leave the car …. Except some more information on cctv showed one of them was on a mobile phone at the time …… it was 3.10am not many called are being made at that time so cell tower information at that time revealed on 7 people were on cell at that time …… there were caught because of there cell number

I disagree with Tom here.  This time lapse is way too convenient.  I've been a network and computer systems engineer for 15 years.  I have managed many CCTV systems as part of my everyday job.  This looks like a block of time was intentionally removed.  A lot of CCTV systems don't allow you to delete footage from the actual viewing console.  These camera systems record to a file system, creating hundreds of data files that contain increments of video, these files are date and time stamped and stored on the file system of the storage medium used, in a logistical manner.  It looks like someone made their way into the file system where these files are stored and removed one or two of the data files that were stamped for the specific date / time that they wanted footage removed for.  I would be investigating whoever had access to that CCTV system

On 9/25/2022 at 4:12 AM, SkepticTank said:

I don’t know if this is the right forum to post in, but I figured I might as well try anyways. 

I was watching an episode of Disappeared and it was about a woman, Kirsten Brueggeman, from Indiana. The last time she was seen was on surveillance video at 2:00:18 a.m. 

Unfortunately, the video is missing a half hour of time and jumps to 2:30:41am. At that point, she is gone and never to be seen again.

The detective calls it an “unfortunate glitch,” which it very well could be. However, I thought it was weird and too convenient. It’s odd to me to see an entire half hour missing like that — it’s not even an *exact* half hour. 

I’m sorry there isn’t any other information that I can add. I know that if there were info about the  surveillance camera that was used would be helpful, but this is all they showed.

All that being said, is this normal? It’s such an odd time jump. I know that glitches happen, but do videos that have been stitched together. I feel like it was glossed over by the detective and just wanted some opinions about whether or not these kinds of “glitches” happen offen. 

Here is the video.  It is an Imgur link so make sure your sound is on. Let me know your thoughts!

5 hours ago, it_amnzzi said:

I disagree with Tom here.  This time lapse is way too convenient.  I've been a network and computer systems engineer for 15 years.  I have managed many CCTV systems as part of my everyday job. 

So what about the electronic signature that can’t be deleted from files or even the watermark 

if you have 15 years … why have you eliminated motion detection with pre and post record

watch the video again ….. camera is protecting the perimeter fence of a business … most likely setup with motion segment and pre and post record is part of motion setup

pre …. = girl is first picked up by cctv (5sec) 

she walks along fence line activating each motion detection

post…..= girl walks away from fence line but post record continues for 20 seconds …. Which is standard setting for post then camera stops recording 

unfortunately motion detection is also effected by moving lights  at night or shadows ….. just like the car coming into view at 2.30 (top left)

other reason for motion record setup the footage shows car park area beyond fence line ….. it would use up cctv owners hard drive to record everything each time cars are parking up

but again all this is easy checked if police did there job right or at least used a video forensics team to check the settings on the recorder …… motion setup settings will show motion area and what pre and post times are 

and I bet the settings are still the same now if someone checked