Vankata

Need help with DVR & NVR conflict

Hey guys, i'm new on this forum & i need some help.

So basically i had 1 Dahua DVR with 4 cameras. I decided to upgrade a little bit and since i was happy with Dahua i decided to get another Dahua system but this time i got an NVR + cams.

Anyway, so far so good. I installed the cameras and they work great but there is a problem.
I can't connect both of them to the Internet.

What happens is:

Once i connect the NVR to my Router (Tenda), nothing happens, no light on the port, nothing. When i remove the port for my old DVR the NVR starts working, same thing after that, when i plug in the DVR, the NVR stops working

I have tried replacing the IP address on the NVR & DVR and nothing has changed.

My setup is this:

- Router Tenda AC1200, (Set to Dynamic on the "Internet" page like my ISP left it. (Forwarded all of the ports that i needed to forward)

- Dahua NVR2104-P-4KS2 (Set to Static IP ending in .191

- Normal Dahua DVR (Sry can't find a name) Set to a Static IP ending in .190

I have tried to access the cameras from my phone via 4G and both of them work fine if one is disconnected... :)

Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated.

If you need any more info on my setup just let me know.

And last, sry i am a basic guy, i know little to nothing about cameras, internet, IP's etc..

Thank you!

Hi could be a faulty or incorrect wired Ethernet cable 

but before you look at that … on both of your recorders remove the network cable from router …. In recorder settings on both go to network and tick the box that says DHCP …..then at router switch it off …. Reconnect both recorders and switch router back on … give it a few minutes and then try your connections …. You should see under network on both recorders a new IP address has been assigned to each recorder … it’s that iP you now need to use to connect. …. You can also untick DHCP as well

try this first

13 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi could be a faulty or incorrect wired Ethernet cable 

but before you look at that … on both of your recorders remove the network cable from router …. In recorder settings on both go to network and tick the box that says DHCP …..then at router switch it off …. Reconnect both recorders and switch router back on … give it a few minutes and then try your connections …. You should see under network on both recorders a new IP address has been assigned to each recorder … it’s that iP you now need to use to connect. …. You can also untick DHCP as well

try this first

Just done that.
No change at all.

I have tried re-crimping the wires 2 times and still doesn't fix the problem.

Tomorrow i will re-run the cables again.

Any other ideas?

38 minutes ago, Vankata said:

I have tried re-crimping the wires 2 times and still doesn't fix the problem.

Hi which wire code have you used 

T568B should be on both ends

On 9/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi which wire code have you used 

T568B should be on both ends

Hey bud.

Thanks for the help

The CAT5 cable was the problem

I changed it and it fixed the problem 😅