blackbox39

baluns getting hot and no picture on 1 cam

Hi all installed 3 hilook colour vue and power suply with baluns and cat 5,the power has a 4 way spliter,im only geting picture from 2 cams 3rd cam was melting balun at dvr,checked that i didnt mix up power and video and all was correct,

59 minutes ago, blackbox39 said:

Hi all installed 3 hilook colour vue and power suply with baluns and cat 5,the power has a 4 way spliter,im only geting picture from 2 cams 3rd cam was melting balun at dvr,checked that i didnt mix up power and video and all was correct,

Hi powered baluns are your problem … I would swap them out for normal baluns

the reason why

power baluns don’t use all remaining cores for power which effect’s camera power 

standard baluns only need 1 pair for image … you then spit the other pair’s for positive and negative power…… I would also use another power adapter…. Two on each and the reason for this is if you have a faulty camera it does not take them all out

• Like 1

hi Tom

thanks for the reply,i am useing safire video baluns,the output of the psu is 12v 5.0 A 60.0w,the cameras are12v 330ma 4w max ,any help on what i need to swop are a link to diff power supply and normal baluns would be great thanks.