Sign in to follow this  
Savatreatabvr

Problem Adding Camera After Power Surge!

I installed a LOREX Nocturnal 4K 16-Channel 4TB Wired NVR System with Smart IP Dome Cameras at my apartment complex last year. It has 12 cameras wired directly to the NVR and 4 cameras wired to a switch and one uplink cable plugged into one of the 16 POE ports on the back of the NVR then one cable wired from the LAN port on the NVR to the router. Everything worked great until what I was told was a power surge, now only 3 out of the 4 cameras wired to the switch work.

I tried manually adding the camera with the "Device Search" option on the NVR but a window pops up saying, "Please remove a device first, there is no free digital channel now!" so I'm confused. And why would the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway on the camera that does not work all be the same numbers, 239.255.42.42.  Do I need to change the subnet mask and default gateway? I'm obviously not an IT guy so any help is much appreciated. 

Hi I would first do a full nvr reset to factory 

do this with all your cameras unplugged and nvr off the network then after the reset start to plug each camera back in then see what happends

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi I would first do a full nvr reset to factory 

do this with all your cameras unplugged and nvr off the network then after the reset start to plug each camera back in then see what happends

Now when it comes to the switch, should I unplug all 4 cameras, plug in the switch then plug in one camera at a time or should I plug in the switch with all 4 cameras plugged in?